Thread: Do your part!
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2003, 12:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Downtownat10
Crazy

I almost forgot, read the very bottom of the sheet, talkinga bout site-specific stickers and soforth. Writing "Lies" on the front of paper boxes? Real creative. You don't like it? Don't fucking read it. "Out of Order" stickers for corporate soda machines? What kind of soda machine isn't corporate? They will ahve corporate sodas in them, right? Not like I can expect to get a nice can or even a sealed bottle of Grandma's iced tea out of a machine, so that I am supporting the local economy. What do these people drink? If they get bottled water, they are naturally supporting SOME corporation, whether it be Deer Park, Polish Springs, or anyone else. If they get water from their tap at home, they are supporting that corporation known as City Public Works. The only way they can consume any liquid is to get it straight from the ground or a pond or from rain, but then they are either getting poisoned or are depriving nature of that water. Where do you stop?

It just kills me how these people are against consuming anything and everything, yet I rarely see someone sitting in the grass creating their own thread and needles and sewing their own clothes. Everything that is bought or sold goes to some corporation, EVERYTHING. You buy organic veggies straight from the farmer? Okay, you are giving that farmer money. Inevitably, that money will end up going to some corporation, whether it be for fertilizer, feed, gas, power, or water.

Sorry, I guess this shit just irritates me because I watched protestors in my town march down the street complaining of Imperialism and demanding "No War But The Class War," but they were all wearing GAP and J. Crew or carrying Eastpack backpacks.

And on the topic of gas and SUVs, what about all the gas that was used by A.N.S.W.E.R. to bus people into DC for a rally? And so what if your car gets better gas mileage, it is still using gas! You get 30 mpg? Great, when you took that last road trip to follow Phish you used 163 gallons. When mommy took her kids to soccer practice, she used two gallons each way for the whole season. What makes you better? If I kill fifteen children and you kill twenty, should I be congratulated for killing less than you?

Okay, sorry, now I will really shut up.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73