View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 08:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Jetée
The Reforms

Location: Rarely, if ever, here or there, but always in transition
I was actually about to leave a comment in your "Glee!" thread in which I debated just using this phrasing of "however gay it might be perceived that I actually enjoyed the first 13 episodes of this series". (though, in all honesty, I was going to tell Charlatan, as that unclaimed post was in response to his, that this series may have already jumped the shark, in my eyes. I can barely tolerate hearing it anymore, let alone watching it.)

I don't make very much grand gesturizations or explanations about what I say, unless, it for some reason or another, it becomes misunderstood at a later point in time (which, as I've seen, comes to happen to me quite often). I speak, write and type as I think it, but in a more refined and paced ponderance of what I actually wish to convey. I famously state that I can hold no more than eight words and their meanings in my head at one time, and for the most part, I believe that to be true. Furthermore, though, I've also instilled in myself from a very early age that there are just some words, phrasings and hackneyed expressions I could never go about using, just because those don't embody who I am, in the least.

I do not say 'what? , huh? , do you know what I mean?, etc.' ever in formal, or even informal conversations. Those types of sophomoric and cliche realizations of a thought which was never mine to begin with actually do not hold even a single tiny spot in the real estate that is my compendium of vocabularium.

I also try innately and with a conscious mind to limit the amounts of times I say 'Hello. , That's awesome. , You're great. , etc.', for fear that, those, too become writte off cliches, but thanks to the marvels that is the internet, and too many instance here on the TFP, those common phrases are all but gone.

This whole diatribe, though, has a point: with the admission of select words in which I find and deem acceptable for use among those that I find capable of understanding, I also try to omit the ones that 'decent company' would find unacceptable. This is the reason I rarely, if ever, curse, for it serves no purpose whatsoever to me to utter a dumb phrase that only means something to someone else, but inherently, it means nothing to me. Additionally, and finally, this is also the reason why I have never uttered a bigoted and blightful phrasing towards any individual, and/or their social affiliations therein.

This comes from an innate awareness from the time and youth I had as a 4-or-5-year-old boy, and actually comprehending what true 'racism' was, better than my own parents understood it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73