View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 11:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
oliver9184
Psycho

What's the worst trouble you got in at school?

Since leaving school years ago I've occasionally regretted not daring to be badder behaved. Watching Donnie Darko the other day jogged the notion back into my mind - the scene where he argues with the dumb teacher (Kitty is her name I think) about some senseless exercise in her BS class. If you're naughty at school up to a certain level there's not really any serious consequences, probably your parents getting told would be the worst. I would always look on as other kids did bad stuff, getting thrills by proxy but never daring to directly perpetrate trouble myself.

The worst thing I did was not at all cool. A boy somewhat younger than me was somehow winding me up, and I got in a bit of a temper and picked up something from the floor and threw it at him. It was a drill bit or something similar and it hit his cheek really near his eye and he burst into tears and ran to the nearest teacher. I talking-to by the stern head of year was the worst that happened to me, apart from feeling guilty.

Most of the trouble that came my way wasn't even justified. In reception class (aged about 6) a boy broke some pencils and said it was me that did it. My parents got told about that and my mother had to buy two new pencils for the school. Later on in high school, in a bullshit class called "life skills" someone wrote a 'D' next to my name in the register knowing that the teacher, an slow-witted character with the inappropriate name of Mr Warrior, did so when he gave someone a detention. I protested that there was no proper reason for it, and even challenged him for the reason, but he remained adamant - for the sake of saving face in front of the class I guess. There being a 'D' next to my name was reason enough for him. It was a clear miscarriage of justice and the whole class knew it. I might as well have actually done something bad and gotten it for a good reason!

So here's where I'd like to read about what bad stuff everyone did at school - or if you weren't bad, then what stuff people you knew did. Or if no one did bad stuff then things you wish you did but, like me, you were too scared.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62