View Single Post
Old 06-20-2009, 03:15 AM   #13 (permalink)
little_tippler
Leaning against the -Sun-

Super Moderator
When I have some cooked chicken, I will usually throw it in a pasta sauce. Sautée some mushrooms, courgette and the chicken in butter and garlic then add a little cream, some parmesan, fresh parsley, salt and pepper to taste. Toss with pasta of your choice.

You can make chicken pies, if you have stock to go with the cooked meat. Reduce the stock and add a little corn flour, butter and seasoning to make a base for the chicken to sit in. Line some individual pie cases with puff pastry and fill with the chicken and sauce. Cover with a pastry lid, brush with butter and place in the oven until the pastry is golden.

A very plain option but that tastes great is to sautée the cooked chicken in just a little butter and garlic and serve with basmati rice. It tastes crispy, moist and garlicky all in one. This is kind of a childhood memory food for me. My mom would make chicken soup and then feed me the chicken this way. Yum.

How about chicken salad? Just toss the chicken with some salad ingredients - a couple of different kinds of lettuce, some cold boiled peas and minced carrots and potatoes, some olives, a little mayo. Done!
Our soul from us is infinitely far.
However much we give our thoughts the will
To be our soul and gesture it abroad,
Our hearts are incommunicable still.
In what we show ourselves we are ignored.
The abyss from soul to soul cannot be bridged
By any skill of thought or trick of seeming.
Unto our very selves we are abridged
When we would utter to our thought our being.
We are our dreams of ourselves, souls by gleams,
And each to each other dreams of others' dreams.

Fernando Pessoa, 1918

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54