View Single Post
Old 01-07-2008, 11:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Jinn
Lover - Protector - Teacher

Obama the perfect candidate?

Is it just me, or is Obama the perfect candidate?

I can't find anything wrong with him. I'm an atheist, and I still strongly support his positions on religion. I agree with his foreign policy, his idea for social reform, his stance on "the green movement," and even his feelings about 'the religious right.'

The only thing I've seen people bash him on is his "lack of experience", but years in Illinois, books written and 11 years teaching Constitutional law is enough for me, even as Commander in Chief. Call me naive.

Can anyone find anything that makes him look bad? I've been google videoing all day and I can't find anything. He doesn't even seem wish-washy. There's no "arguing with himself" videos like there are with Hillary, et. al.

I suppose if you were super religious or super Republican you might not like him, but damn if I'm not close to agreeing with Obama girl. He seems like a very solid candidate.

Some videos to support my hypothesis:

"His Plans for 2008":

Him on Tyra Show - makes him seem very human and humble

His "Relgious" opinion; skip to 2:05 to get past all the Jesus stuff right to his speech

His Foreign Policy:

"Our military power is just one component of our power… [..] and I will do whatever it takes as Commander in Chief to keep the American people safe. But I know that part of keeping us safe is restoring our respect in our world. And I think those who are advising me agree with that, and part of our agenda that we are putting forward …initiating contacts with Muslim leaders in the world, doubling our efforts in terms of in terms of foreign aid. All those are designed to create long-term security, by creating long-term prosperity around the world.”

For giggles; Obama Girl (not really SFW)

His official policy page (biased, but still good):
http://www.barackobama.com/issues/

He's also one of very few candidates to address net neutrality, but that's not surprising considering he has a million mySpace and Facebook pages and seems generally tech-savvy (another important thing, for me).
"I'm typing on a computer of science, which is being sent by science wires to a little science server where you can access it. I'm not typing on a computer of philosophy or religion or whatever other thing you think can be used to understand the universe because they're a poor substitute in the role of understanding the universe which exists independent from ourselves." - Willravel

Last edited by Jinn; 01-07-2008 at 11:20 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73