View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 09:20 PM   #35 (permalink)
MSD
The sky calls to us ...

Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_Loser
If I find an 11-year old boy and ask if he wants to have sex with me (Again, not that I would, as that'd be REALLY creepy), it wouldn't be quite the same thing. Sure, the law would probably deem the same two situations as the same but, fundamentally speaking, they're vastly different.

Forced sexual activity has been proven to be harmful to children, yes. Sexual activity in which they willingly participate in has not (Just so you know).
The last time this kind of conversation came up, a licensed clinical psychiatrist confirmed my belief that sex between adults and children, even "consensual" sex, is psychologically harmful and provided a substantial amount of documentation to back it up. The DSM-IV labels pedophilia as a mental disorder and the medical community agrees that sex wtih adults is harmful to the mental development of children.

Do you really believe everything you post or are you arguing for the sake of arguing?
Quote:
Erm... I've said "consent laws are arbitrary" at least ten times now. You can't be any clearer than that. Once again, you've yet to provide me a reason why consensual sex with a child is wrong that isn't "Because the law says so!" The fact is that you don't have any reasoning as to why it's wrong, except you disagree with it. You can skirt around that issue as much as you like, but it doesn't change the truth in the statement.
Consent laws are what they are because the medical community has concluded through years of research that it is harmful to a child's development to be sexually active until a certain point in their development.
Quote:
You know... Why do you always only quote half of what I say and then make it out to say what you want it to say? That's ummm... Annoying. What about the part where I said "Being gay doesn't mean you will be a pedophile"? I guess that isn't/wasn't important, huh?
If you weren't intending to imply it, then you said it because you knew it would piss people off, something you seem to revel in doing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menoman
The law really has no effect on if a teen can make the decision, mentally and understand its consequences. The number 18 (or 16/17 depending on country) means very little, some 16 year olds are able the honestly make the decision where-as some 22 year olds are not mentally ready to make the decision.
I agree with this, as does the consensus formed on years of medical research. If he had said this rather than claiming that an adult having sex with an 11-year-old is creepy but not harmful, then nobody would jump down his throat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aladdin Sane
IL, You my dear chap, are an example of grace under fire. You have been insulted, belittled, and ridiculed, yet you trudge on without falling into the trap. While your logic remains intact, your opponents crack with uncertain emotion.
Still, I regret to inform you that you will not win this fight. You are bucking against the new orthodoxy, the modern religion. Be careful. You can be jailed for it.
Explain to me how it's laudable to be a pedophile apologist when all reputable scientific and medical evidence contradict his positions. I'm not sure if he's sticking to morally indefensible positions because of his actual beliefs or simply because of a love of arguing.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73