View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 10:48 AM   #34 (permalink)
tecoyah
Illusionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceventura3
When I use information to come to a conclusion by definition it mean that I don't use information that contradicts the conclusion. I think you would say I "ignored" those sources, I would simply cite the sources used.

And would therefore be guilty of a dereliction of duty, if it was your job to investigate me. I would use this in the civil suit against you.

I have a 10 year old son. If I told him that you owned guns and I don't want him ever to step foot in your home. Without sharing with him all of my "intelligence" you would say I hid information. I would say, I shared the information he needed to know.

I would say you were a good Father, and protecting your son. If however, you told all my friends the same thing I would sue you for Liable.

I been through this several times. I would not give more credibility to the Dept. of Tobacco and Fire Arms over my own research or any other government agency. I would need to know how they came to their conclusion, and then I would use their information in addition to the information I already had. Just like Saddam can hide WMD, people can easily hide guns from the authorities. Many people have died after thinking that the authorities would protect and keep them from harm.

You would not do well in a position of authority then, as you are required to use the people at your disposal for Data. By attempting to investigate me alone, you have placed yourself in an inenviable position should you be incorrect, as you now bear all responsibility for the error. This also, I would be using in the civil case against you. By assuming responsibility for the case against me, you truly become the focus of my retribution for your incompetence, While by using the system as it was meant to be used you would have spread the liability to an institutional power even if the case went south, while lowering the chance of error by listening to multiple possibilities. Only with information can we make logical decisions in hopes of lowering the error curve, by going it alone you did not do your job.

If I caused you damages, it would be my obligation to make you whole again, including punitive damages against me. I have no problem with that, it is just.
Yes...it would. Now extrapolate to 3700 grieving families, and a hundred billion dollars.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73