View Single Post
Old 08-21-2006, 04:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
Socrates
Upright

Very frustrated...

I honestly don't even know where to begin. Since my mother got diagnosed with Breast Cancer and my dads heart-condition, their behaviors have down-right changed to the point where they say some of the most cruelest things. BUT you know what it doesn't even matter, Im past all the other bullsh** but the recent thing my dad did just really dissappointed me in them as well as their trust.

I had $200 laying in my room near my bed, it wasn't on the writing table or anywhere else but it was only seen if you were to sleep in my bed because it was the side of the compartment attached to the bed. Regardless, my dad decided to take a nap one day in my room and apparently saw the money and took it. I didn't really realize it until I had plans to get it deposited, Im looking around the room and finally I call him up to my surprise he says in a joking way "yeaa I stole your money..." and it really pissed me off. So I asked him a simple question why did he do it...?

According to him he was "checking" me for carelessness, thats perfectly fine and well but I asked him another simple question as to why he took the money with him rather then leave it at the house to which he had no reply. I hung up the phone because I consider my room/our or HIS house to be a place of security and comfort to which I know that if I leave something somewhere it will stay their but after that incident it really made me loose alot of trust.

I asked him what was the point of all this, why would he cause even more head-aches or problems in my or his life for no reason again, he was testing me. I don't understand him, you only test someone if they actually ARE careless or irresponsible I for one can guarantee that Im not neither. In the past I've left $1000 on my table cash in plain sight because I know noone in the house would ever even think about taking the money. I might "act" careless by doing things like that but apparently my dad actually thinks I am that way.

Regardless, I didn't even speak to him for a couple of days, I would greet my parents and go into my room, sleep, eat and go to work. I have stopped asking my parents for anything that I might need because I honestly don't want to be a burden to them. I pay my own college tuition even though my dad always said he would pay for it, never did, in fact he owes me almost $500 that I was planning to use to pay my car-insurance with but when I asked him about it he doesn't reply and grins at me. To top it off he calls me greedy all the time, he thinks I'm always after money which goes to show that my parents really don't know me that well that I thought they did.

My father calls me yesterday and says that he needs my credit card to pay his car insurance so he can "help" me build up my credit which was very unusual. I asked him as to what exactly he had planned to which he told me to shut my mouth and give him my credit card. I woke up this morning and I asked him about it and him and my mom both went off on me, getting loud about how they can't rely on me, how if they ever get old they can't expect anything out of me. They say alot of cruel things which have started to hurt me. I tried to explain to them that I was merely asking what he had in mind, how he was going to pay it off pretty much and they snapped. I didn't even say anything and stayed quiet.

I understand that they are frustrated and maybe even angry at the world but is this how you treat your son...? They started doing this to my little sister to which I had to tell them to stop, so now it seems that they are taking out their frustrations even more. But I don't understand why would you do, say or act like this. They say they want the best for me but they never show it. They've made soo many empty promises and never kept them but it doesn't matter. What matters is to why are they acting this way...? Instead of being the strong ones I have to be the strong one, take care of the house, work, as well as start school pretty soon as well, besides all the effort it seems as if they like to have this tense enviroment in the house instead of being together I have to distance myself even more from them because of what they say.

I might not say anything but it does hurt and I am human afterall. I can put myself in their shoes but I guess they can't put themselves in MY shoes. To top it off my dad is always putting me down in front of other people, I don't understand that either...? Is it to make himself look THAT much better in front of people, out of insecurity or what...? I don't know any parent that ever puts their child down in front of other people.

Im very truly honestly frustrated, I don't even talk to my friends about this because they don't even understand the situation so their would be no point. If anyone has anything comforting of some guidance, please do suggest because I really need it right now.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73