View Single Post
Old 06-09-2006, 04:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
ngdawg
peekaboo

Let's see if I can shorten this up a bit:
My professional history has given me the skills and temperament to be an excellent administrative assistant. I enjoy seeking out new ways to further organize and add efficiency to my position.
I created the first paper check out system for a then-fledgling laptop checkout program, and a lightly-modified version based heavily on this first system was used alongside the computer-based system . I also helped develop the website for 's computer lab, composing much of the text used to explain several of the services that part of the library offered to the community. My time in and the saw me further taking on self-delegated projects to improve the overall efficiency and quality of service both stores. At I maintained a paper inventory of in-store stock, which I reconciled against the computer inventory. At the I played a crucial role in developing, maintaining, and using an order reservation system for two Thanksgiving turkey promotions as well as a waste-monitoring system for the occasionally high-loss meat department.

Ultimately, my helpful and considerate nature is what has motivated me to go above and beyond my specific work duties and become even greater assets to my past employers. I enjoy assisting those around me with whatever business brings them into my immediate area. I have been cited numerous times at and the for my going the extra proverbial mile in dispensing information,for being sure to respect and honor any unique concerns a customer might have had in regards to special orders or simply just making best use of the stores' regular services, and for my skill in resolving the occasional customer conflict or dissatisfaction. I have inspired letters of appreciation from long-term customers at the for maintaining long-term relationships between them and the store, and always putting forth an out of the ordinary effort just for them.
I really would enjoy putting these skills and tendencies to good use for . I feel I have a lot to offer---and look forward to the opportunity to discuss this position with you soon.

That should do it. A couple of things to remember when sending out a cover letter. A) Keep it as short as you can. They know you want the job; so do others. The letter really should highlight your academics right off as they will just skim the letter, not read it word for word. And they know what the job needs, so saying what you think it needs is not necessary. B) A lot of people make this mistake-never thank them in the letter for anything. "Look forward to" or "I appreciate your taking the time" works better. Thank you's come after the interview.
A cover letter is just a synopsis of the resume that goes with it and a very brief description of what you can offer them.
Good luck!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73