View Single Post
Old 05-07-2006, 08:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
noodle
Une petite chou

Slipped something?

I'm not quite sure how to put this and I did a several searches with no results on the terms I chose. Basically, I'm trying to figure out what the physical symptoms would be if one were "slipped a mickey", had something added to their drink. I've read all the medical stuff before, but I was trying to find someone with a personal experience because I'm still kinda freaked out. If this isn't the appropriate place for this, moderators, feel free to lock or move it.

Last night, a female friend and I went out to a cool mexican restaurant. We had a normal amount of dinner including chips, tortillas, meat, beans, etc. that should have balanced out the alcohol we drank. We got a pitcher of Cuervo margaritas and they were very, very strong. We added some orange juice to try and tone it down. The waiter kept coming over and smiling and asking how our drinks were. I had two glasses of water and literally one-and-a-half, red wine-sized glasses of margarita. My friend had maybe one full glass. Neither of us could figure out how we got so intoxicated. Now, I don't drink to excess very often and I don't typically get a hangover. Never, ever had a blackout or lost more than a conversation when drinking. My boyfriend said when he got home two hours after me, I was talking to him in a clear voice, but in "complete gibberish" and I was very oppositional. Which is not like me at all.

This morning, my entire body hurts. I cannot remember anything past about 12:30am, I still feel like I'm intoxicated 12 hours later. Just uncoordinated, nauseous and dizzy. This is completely new to me. I've loved margaritas and had plenty of tequila in my time, but never these symptoms. I called my friend and she said the waiter was really weird and kept sitting down next to her. She's got the same muscle soreness, memory issues, and has the same history with the aforementioned alcohol. My question is, at what point do you become suspicious of something added to your drink? How does it feel the next day? Knowing that nothing can be done now, I'd like to be able to recognize the symptoms that we were feeling last night and today to keep this from happening again. I'm trying to figure out if we're crazy, I guess, because I know that we did not have that much to drink. Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plan9
Just realize that you're armed with smart but heavily outnumbered.
The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. Ayn Rand

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73