View Single Post
Old 02-26-2006, 06:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
thelifeandtimes
Upright

What do I do? Help calm my confused mind.

Here is my story. I am coming to the last part of my senior year in high school, and I've been with an amazing girl since the middle of my junior year. We are both rather different in terms of our personas. I am the whole creative and artistic one that is romantic at heart, while she is the sporty, girly, physical type stuff. Our interests and personalities offset eachothers and made for a good pairing. We've been dating for a month shy of year. We were really good friends for nearly a year and a half before we started dating, so we started off with a fairly strong foundation of trust and all around relationship skills. The first several months of us dating, we were very close, physically and mentally. We were in that whole "hot and heavy stage". We would spend every day together, and even more during the summer. It was a fairy tale relationship.

Eventually both of our feelings went from just liking each other to a true love, something neither one of us had planned, but were ok with it nevertheless. The introduction of love into our relationship didn't change much, just a bit more connection on mental and physical levels. Soon after she sat me down and said that she was getting scared and she doesn't want to get to far into this, because as she loosely stated, she has a flightly relationship pattern. So I told her we can keep going and see what we can make of this or give up, and on her own, she decided to keep going. So we were good for a long while more, not so hot and heavy, but still, good. We now passed into the stage of the relationship where there was more work to be done. we no longer could just sail through it like the previous months.

Then comes the end of January. We get into this huge fight about me acting differently and she was claiming she wasn't dating the same person as when we first started to date. I admit, I was acting diiferent, but I was dealing with a lot at the time. I just lost my job of over a year, my mom was struggling with severe depression, and I was trying to deal with the lose of my best friend. She brought all this out and somewhat attacked me with it saying we both need to sort things out. So she introduced the relationship break. I didn't want it, but I couldn't fight it, so I went with it. Then the break was over, then 3 days later, she tells me we dont have anything left to teach each other and used the same explanation as before. That night I ws on the phone with her for nearly 2 hours trying to get to the bottom of it all, which I finnaly did. She told me she was scared and didn't know what she was doing, and said that she made a huge mistake. So we ended up back together that same night. Again I thought everything was going to end up good. I was wrong once more.

After our day break up, we were very good, strong, healthy, you name it. Then she drops a bombshell on me last night and tells me she doesn't want tjis anymore because she wants to try new things and doesn't want commitment at such a young age. She told me she just wants to be another high school senior. She basically told me she wants to party and see other people. Then she continued on to say she didn't think we would even last this long, and the reason we didn't end sooner is because she was waiting for me to conceide and give it all up. Then she asks me to give her a few months to get everything together for her. Needless to say, I was stunned.

So here is my dilemma, what should I do with this now? Should I still be there for her? I don't plan on waiting around for her to get her life together, but is that the right choice? Please help me on this, anything will do because at this point I am beyond confused. Thank you for reading my wall of text.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73