View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 07:03 AM   #2 (permalink)
NoSoup
Non-Rookie

Well, it's possible you aren't going to like what I have to say, but...

First of all, it seems to me that the obvious, albeit difficult, answer to your question is for you just to ask her. In my opinion, she probably likes you just as a very good friend - although that is based solely on the information above. I suppose, though, that I'm under the impression that if she does in fact like you, she would be mature enough to say something.

Secondly, I think you may be reading way to much into these hints and comments that she makes. Again, maybe I'm just going for simplicity here, but I would imagine instead of taking her birth control in front of you, she probably could just come out and say that she is interested in something more.

Unfortunately, I don't think your friend's comments sound reassuring when he talked to her.

Quote:
Eric: Well here is what she said. She says loves hanging out with you because you’re the only guy who doesn’t hit on her. So I asked her what would happen if you did hit on her.
Me: AND!
Eric: She says she doesn’t know. Right now she doesn’t want things to change.
Me: Well that’s pretty inconclusive.
Personally, I think that's pretty conclusive, and you may be reaching for any tiny ray of hope you can. I'm not saying it isn't possible she is interested in you, but to me it sounds like you are in "friend-mode" - where you may be stuck for a long, long time, vs her thinking of you as a potential boyfriend.

It just seems to me that she may be clinging to you because you do get along so great, you both have the same interests, and also because she just moved to a different country, and may need some support while she adjusts.

Either way, I'd think that instead of trying to interpret what may or may not be hints, it would just be much more mature of you to just be a man and ask her yourself - sending friends in to gather recon data isn't quite the same, my friend

I would bet that there is a 99% chance that she knows that you like her, which means that she is either not interested in persuing you as a boyfriend, or she is waiting for you to make the first move. However, maybe some TFP ladies can provide more insight...

Hopefully it all works out for you - good luck, and keep us updated!

Just in case you were wondering...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73