View Single Post
Old 06-03-2005, 09:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
pan6467
Lennonite Priest

Right now is a jard time for the Dem. party and Dean's job is to get attention to the party. Unfortunately, it would seem he's taking a very negative approach at trying to show the differences between parties. People (the vast majority) pay very little attention to politics (especially in off years) and even on this board will talk about how the parties are more or less the same.

This is not to flame but from my perspective only.... (so it may or may not be fact as my viewpoint is very biased and slanted)...... The GOP for years goes on the personal and attacks far far worse than Dems can. Limbaugh, O'Reilly, Coulter and so on slam every day, while the Dems. even with facts end up making themselves look bad when they try anything.

What the Dems need is someone to take the high ground and try to set a positive difference, but when they try that again, Limbaugh, and crew tear them to shreds. It's just the tone and feel in the country right now, very negative and negativity seems to sell, people aren't buying anything positive. The GOP are far better at the mudslinging and dirty politics (again, my opinion).

What the Dems. need to do is be positive, I said this about Kerry, and ignore the mud and try to take the higher ground. However, when they do, they get slammed for looking weak. People say there is virtue in taking the higher ground but that doesn't seem to be the case, it comes out looking weak and the attacks from the other side make them look worse. Unfortunately, what the Dems. don't realize is long term the higher ground would eventually come out on top.

My prediction:

Dean isn't the man to lead the Dem party and this is just a way for some of those in power to destroy him because he is not a career polished politician, the stress and anxiety will get to him he'll keep being told to be over-the-top and do so (because he is a soldier) and he'll continue to look like a fool, saying very stupid things and I think there are some that would want him to blow the '06 election to hell. So that in'07/'08 a more "moderate" will come in and sound far more sane and "bring respect back" thereby ensuring their nomination.

What I see from Dems leaders right now is a desire to blow '06 (and in my mind they could maybe win congress back in'06 or narrow the gap if they wanted to), then blame Dean.

What they are also hoping for is a severe Bush and GOP breakdown between '07 and '08.

Again, that is not a way to run a party that truly wants to win or one that feels like they have a chance to win on their merits and platform alone.
I just love people who use the excuse "I use/do this because I LOVE the feeling/joy/happiness it brings me" and expect you to be ok with that as you watch them destroy their life blindly following. My response is, "I like to put forks in an eletrical socket, just LOVE that feeling, can't ever get enough of it, so will you let me put this copper fork in that electric socket?"

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73