View Single Post
Old 03-12-2005, 10:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
IC3
Poison

Question for people who live in London ON

I am seriously considering moving back to london, So my question to anybody who lives in london is..How expensive is the rent there now? I don't plan on getting my own place right away, I know a few people who live there and i am sure they would let me stay with them rent free for a month or two until i get enough cash to get my own place.

I would be looking for a place on the east end or north east end..Anywhere east of Adelaide St. Just a little Bachelor (sp?) apartment or something like it. Correct me if i'm wrong, When i lived in london you could get a place like i'm looking for for about 4 or 5 hundred a month with everything included..But that was like 6 or 7 years ago..But i know london is hell of alot cheaper to live than toronto is.

Another question..What's the demand for work like in london? I would just be doing work through temp agency's (London does have temp agency's right?) If they pay enough so that i could atleast pay the bills and have alittle left over to live.

Sorry, One more question..Storage facility's, Any idea of what they would cost a month? Probably hundred a month or alittle more eh? I would be needing a storage facility to store all my shit until i get a place.

This isn't a for sure thing right now, But i am feeling optimistic about it only because i know people who live down there and the people who I would probably be staying with like me alot and treat me like i am one of thier kids when i am there (Incase your wondering, It's one of my friends family's that i would probably be staying with)

I want this so bad..I have never just packed up and moved to another city on my own and to tell you the truth, The thought makes me nervous as hell but also makes me happy..Cause i have been wanting to move back to london for a long time.

EDIT:

I came across this link which answers my questions about Temp Angency's Here

Update:
I just talked with my buddy who lives down around london and he said i could stay with him for practically nothing until i get some cash.

He lives down around strathroy and he said thier are temp agency's in that town which is a good thing cause i wouldn't want to commute from where he is to london everyday (approx 40 minute drive one way)

So the way it is right now..I got a place to stay for dirt cheap and if i work through a temp agency i am pretty much guarenteed work with chances of getting a full time position with a company that i am placed in through the agency..If i am able to do the work to thier standards and they are happy with me.

So the road is half paved for me, But yet i'm still nervous as hell. I'm gonna be going down to his place probably this thursday to get in touch with some agency's and find out how much work they are giving out.

I'm gonna ask you now..If you were in this situation and wanted to move back to the city you love or atleast close to it for the time being and had a place to stay as soon as you got down thier..Would you do it?

I guess i'm looking for alittle motivation..I just gotta push myself to do it now. Is there anything important that i'm forgetting when it comes to changing city's?

Last edited by IC3; 03-12-2005 at 11:40 AM..

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73