View Single Post
Old 01-09-2005, 04:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
RelaX
Follower of Ner'Zhul

Orchidopexy (putting testicle back where it belongs) experiences? [Graphic]

You know, I am 20 years old and I have an undescended testicle... :feels the effect of all the curious stares:. I know... until a couple of months ago, when I went to the doctor, I thought this was 'not a big deal' and not all that uncommon.

However... as I am getting older, I realize that I may want to have kids someday and although my sexual experience is still pretty limited, I would hate to explain all the time that I just have 1 instead of the normal 2. Or rather, that I have another one, but that it is in my groin.
Also, I had checked up on it and read that the other testicle may shrivel up and die... so I felt that maybe I should get it fixed now, before it can't be fixed any more.

The strange thing is that, unlike 'normal' cases of undescended testices, mine didn't occur until later in life... meaning that (according to my parents) I was 'complete' when I was a small kid. Appearantly, later in life, my left testicle just said 'Fuck it! I don't like it any more in here... WAAAAY too cold... I'm moving up north'.
Somehow, when I think about it, I think that it must've happened after one too many a bicycle accident (damn that bar between the legs) as I used to love to stunt on my bike.
However... I didn't think much of it... can't remember ever being teased for it or being self concious because of it in the gym or something...

So imagine my feelings after I go to the doctor, I drop my pants, he looks at it and when he's done prodding me, I pull up my pants and see him head back to his desk with a look that says ' WTF???!?!'.
He then advises me to go talk to the urologist.
So I make an appointment and some time later, I go there, have to drop my pants again (why couldn't I have had something that I wouldn't constantly have to drop my pants for?) and the guy asks me stuff and prods it... then gives me the same look... and tells me that I need corrective surgery.

I've never had surgery before...

Now my question here is, am I alone in this? Is there anyone that has ever experienced this? That has ever had the surgery done...
See, the surgery will be performed on Thursday and I will have Thursday and Friday off (I was supposed to go to a pretty important school thing Friday, but I mailed to cancel it as I doubt I'll be up to it). But I don't know how long I will feel the effects... Everything I can find online is about kids and some of it says that there will be relatively little pain, others suggect morphine (!) against the maddening pain...
I am also supposed to have driving lessons on Saturday... and my friends always call on Saturday if I want to go to a club or bar or something... I think I should cancel on both of those two, eventhough I would like to do those things...

So... anyone? I really doubt it though... with it being so uncommon for grown men.
Though it does feel good to get to tell this... I mean, you have no idea of the excuses I have to make for taking the days off and not going to school and not going out etc, etc. I mean, I doubt saying "Yeah, I have to get surgery on my balls." would help anyone.

Last edited by RelaX; 01-11-2005 at 11:10 AM.. Reason: Added [Graphic] tag

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73