View Single Post
Old 09-10-2004, 02:59 PM   #29 (permalink)
filtherton
Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menoman
Well the ladder theory doesnt say anything about being an asshole to get laid. That's just what I put in there because it works. You can refute it all you want but there's way too many people that do it... and it works more often than not.

Why will nobody argue for its underlymotivation or necessity? No one has ever argued it with me, or anyone else on any threads I've seen.

When pretty much every point imaginable falls under some category in the ladder, how can you argue for its necessity? Take the law of kinetic energy, can you personally prove it exists without a doubt, with no loopholes? No, but its accepted. You can't prove that the Ladder theory does'nt exist and isn't valid either.

Oh and by the way, Yes, I am an asshole. Thank you
I'm well aware of the existence of ladder theory. It does exist, the fact that there is a whole website devoted to it far exceeds what is needed to meet the criteria required for existence.

I guess my point is that ladder theory describes and deals with a mentality that is immature, unnecessary, and even detrimental to society. The fact that you think it is ok to be an asshole to complete strangers if you know it will help you get your selfish dick wet is proof of that. Imagine thousands of people just like you, assholes to anyone who stands in the way of vagina. If that's okay with you then perhaps you need to deal with the things that don't allow you to feel empathy or sypathy. Ladder theory attempts to provide a viable strategy for shallow men to use shallow women for sex. That's what it boils down to for me.

What you don't realize is that there is a huge section of the population who doesn't feel the need to play stupid fucking little games with the people they choose to associate with. There are tens of millions of men who can befriend a beautiful woman and not want to fuck her. There are a similar number of women who choose not to use pathetic vagina hunting men for emotional stability.

In short, there is a portion of the population that ladder theory does indeed apply very well to. Unfortunately, by its very nature that segment is characterized by selfishness, immaturity, and emotional instability. In fact, from what i can remember from high school, it seems like ladder theory sums up that culture quite nicely. 'nuff said.

I would love to get into it more, but i have to work, so maybe later.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73