View Single Post
Old 09-02-2004, 06:23 AM   #5 (permalink)
Superbelt
This vexes me. I am terribly vexed.

The contrast between the RNC Convention speech, (Printed above) And this speech Miller gave while introducing Kerry 3 years ago.

Quote:
I continue to be impressed with all that Governor Barnes and Lieutenant Governor Taylor and the Speaker and the General Assembly are getting done over at the Gold Dome. Georgia is fortunate to have this kind of leadership.

My job tonight is an easy one: to present to you one of this nation's authentic heroes, one of this party's best-known and greatest leaders – and a good friend.

He was once a lieutenant governor – but he didn't stay in that office 16 years, like someone else I know. It just took two years before the people of Massachusetts moved him into the United States Senate in 1984.

In his 16 years in the Senate, John Kerry has fought against government waste and worked hard to bring some accountability to Washington.

Early in his Senate career in 1986, John signed on to the Gramm-Rudman-Hollings Deficit Reduction Bill, and he fought for balanced budgets before it was considered politically correct for Democrats to do so.

John has worked to strengthen our military, reform public education, boost the economy and protect the environment. Business Week magazine named him one of the top pro-technology legislators and made him a member of its "Digital Dozen."

John was re-elected in 1990 and again in 1996 – when he defeated popular Republican Governor William Weld in the most closely watched Senate race in the country.

John is a graduate of Yale University and was a gunboat officer in the Navy. He received a Silver Star, Bronze Star and three awards of the Purple Heart for combat duty in Vietnam. He later co-founded the Vietnam Veterans of America.
By the way, it's still on Zell's website.
http://miller.senate.gov/speeches/030101jjdinner.htm

Methinks there's a bit of inconsistency

Contrast that with this....

Quote:
And, no pair has been more wrong, more loudly, more often than the two Senators from Massachusetts, Ted Kennedy and John Kerry.

Together, Kennedy/Kerry have opposed the very weapons system that won the Cold War and that is now winning the War on Terror.

Listing all the weapon systems that Senator Kerry tried his best to shut down sounds like an auctioneer selling off our national security but Americans need to know the facts.

This is the man who wants to be the Commander in Chief of our U.S. Armed Forces?

Twenty years of votes can tell you much more about a man than twenty weeks of campaign rhetoric.
You PRAISED those years recently you total jackass.

As a war protester, Kerry blamed our military.

As a Senator, he voted to weaken our military. And nothing shows that more sadly and more clearly than his vote this year to deny protective armor for our troops in harms way, far away.
Quote:
Originally Said by Zig Zag Zell
And nothing makes this Marine madder than someone calling American troops occupiers rather than liberators.
Bush did that too jackass.

______
Really, read both and then all you can say is WTF? Every single thing he praised Kerry for in 2001 he bashed him for later. Even for creating Vietnam Veterans of America, which has always been against the Vietnam War, he first praised him for it, then bashed him for it. Zell is a total fucker who will say anything to get his new owners approval. It's proven in these two speeches right here. The speeches read like they came from two completely different minds. Zell has his head so far up Bush's ass the silver spoon is in his nose.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73