View Single Post
Old 08-07-2004, 03:38 AM   #23 (permalink)
pan6467
Lennonite Priest

I really think it's assinine to condemn a country that wants to save its heritage and in time of crisis try to protect themselves.

When you have a people that come to YOUR COUNTRY and DEMAND that you accomodate them and make changes for them is ridiculous and disrespectful. Why would they go to that country for that reason if not to create problems within the country?

I can see what Norway is saying and compare it to the U.S.. It's probably the one thing I am most radically far right on.

We have so many immigrants here that flatly refuse to speak English, expect OUR country to change for them that it pisses me off because my ancestors from Germany and Italy (and well my Irish/Welsh ancestors spoke English) had to learn to speak English and follow US llaws and customs. They did not expect the country to change for them.

If Middle Easterners are immigrating to Europe and demanding the countries that are rich with 100's of years of customs change to accomodate them, then Europe SHOULD say go fuck yourselves, you are visitors here. You want to live here, YOU adapt to us not the other way around.

If the Islam/Muslims are going and adapting, showing respect and not making demands then Europe doesn't have a pot to piss in and shouldn't complain. BUT I have a feeling from the way this sounds that is not the case.

Does ANYONE here who is comparing Norway to Naziism truly believe that if Norwegians went to Syria, Iraq, Saudi Arabia and demanded churches and freedom of religion and allowed women to walk around in shorts and halter tops that those countries would say...."OK Mr. Norwegian we'll bow to your demands."

Hell No, they'd be imprisoned and deported and whatever because that country would feel like the Norwegians were dissing their customs.

So why should these people expect Norway tio bend over backwards for them and destroy 100's of years of tradition?
I just love people who use the excuse "I use/do this because I LOVE the feeling/joy/happiness it brings me" and expect you to be ok with that as you watch them destroy their life blindly following. My response is, "I like to put forks in an eletrical socket, just LOVE that feeling, can't ever get enough of it, so will you let me put this copper fork in that electric socket?"

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62