View Single Post
Old 07-03-2004, 07:54 PM   #18 (permalink)
guinnessgurl
Crazy

Quote:
Originally posted by Aladdin Sane

Questions:
1. How old are the two of you?
2. What kind of commitment was made to each other when you moved in together?
3. How long have you been together, and how long have you been living together?
to answer your questions, he is 25 and I am (almost) 19, we have been together for a year and a half officially and have been living together since december....

and to reply to other's posts....

my boyfriend does realize that by moving out, I would have nowhere (as of yet) to live. I do have a good gf that i could call upon as well as another lady who has offered me a room in her home. I was using the term 'homeless' losely, its not like I have no options, but the fact is simply that it would not be my decision to try these options, i would be forced into doing so, something i don't want to do - i want to continue living with my boyfriend just as we've been doing.....

and to clarify, my boyfriend has just been discussing his feelings with me, he has no intention of up and leaving me with nowhere to go. If this is eventually what he decides to do (he's still thinking) then he will stay for as long as it takes for me to get settled somewhere else. he is a caring boyfriend, dont' get me wrong.

and i don't think he is wanting to move out because he is wanted to experience some type of college life or because he wants to party and fuck other girls.he has told me that regardless of anything, he wants to stay together. its more just a feeling that he has that maybe he's missed out on something by not living with his buddies first before moving in with a gf. he doesn't necessarily want to act on that feeling, its just something he has been thinking about. the whole grandparents situation is simply to save on money while going to school - something I understand completely and do not hold against him.

we've been talking about it LOTS and there are plenty of other factors to consider from both our ends. ie, i have two great jobs here where I'm living that I don't want to leave. we have a cat together and if we move out, who's to say that either of us will move into a place accepting of pets? and we've also bought a lot of things together as a couple that would be painful and stressful to divy up. my boyfriends realizes all these factors and these are all things he has been thinking about. all this started because he wanted to communicate to me how he was feeling - something I'm really happy he did, i would hate to have not known about any of this and had him be unhappy. but like i said, we've been talking about it and i think maybe we've reached a decision....

we're going to live together for another year until he goes back to school (he most likely won't be able to get in until next fall) and we'll both try and save money in the meantime and focus on strengthening our relationship. at the same time, I'm going to encourage him to spend more time with his buddies so he doesn't feel so left out (well that's something i've been trying to do for a while now, but i think he felt guilty before, leaving me home to go hang out with the guys - now he knows i want and encourage him to do that) and hopefully that will satisfy both of us and we can make this work. Because, believe me, above all else, we both want to make this work. We both fought hard to be together and to get to where we are now, that it would really be a shame to just throw it all away.....

Then basically, when that year is up and its time for him to go to school, he will move in with his grandparents, and I'll find a roomate or something in the same town in order for us to still be close together (this way, it at least gives me a year to plan and prepare) and when school is finished, we'll move back in together, be it back here where we are now, or in a new town, or even a new country (we both want to move to Ireland), but regardless of where, we want to do it together....

So for now, that is what we are going to try and here's hoping it will work out in a way that makes both of us happy! Because I love my guy and before anything else, I want to see him happy!

Thanks for all your responses though, it was nice to see some support but also to see it from another point of view too.....

Cheers!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73