View Single Post
Old 06-25-2004, 10:38 AM   #18 (permalink)
pan6467
Lennonite Priest

Quote:
Originally posted by onetime2
Again, you can not use what political pundits do to prop up your case. Their goal is to generate the partisan bickering that you are buying into. I brought up Clinton to point out that you are doing the exact same thing you are lambasting the GOP for. Where was your outrage then?

Please notice I said it was a non issue for Clinton AND a non issue for Cheney. You however claim it was a non issue for Clinton but suddenly it's an issue for Cheney because it was directed at an elected official. The offense, if you can even call it that, is the same. Losing your cool in a public setting and letting loose with an obscenity. Ooooh, let's bring him up on charges.

Additionally, trying to stretch your argument to imply that Cheney would do the same thing to the leader of another country could just as easily be done to the Clinton example yet it's still ok for Clinton right?

I'm not going to keep arguing the difference between employer tirades, an informal interview setting (free speech) and being on the Senate floor cursing an elected official. Just suffice it to say to me there is a big difference between swearing at an empolyee for screwing up (sure he may treat his employees like crap and be an asshole, BUT that doesn't mean he talks to everyone else in that manner: my own father is a great example, work for him screw up and he lets you know it, but outside of that situation the man never says a bad word about or to anyone) an interview session and publicly swearing at an elected peer. I can't go to work and cuss out a fellow co-worker and expect to have my job, why should he?

Oi, I typed more up yonder than I should have or wanted to.

Did you read my last post's last sentence? This is just a non issue but it is the game of partisan politics where it pushes the sides apart and it has nothing to do with anything, but it keeps resentments of the other political party alive.

Why is that? Both sides are guilty of making issues out of the same things, and bitching when the other makes an issue of something. IT just makes no sense all it does is affirms one's belief that their party is "better" and "can deal with this non issue better, while the other side loses it over this non issue."
I just love people who use the excuse "I use/do this because I LOVE the feeling/joy/happiness it brings me" and expect you to be ok with that as you watch them destroy their life blindly following. My response is, "I like to put forks in an eletrical socket, just LOVE that feeling, can't ever get enough of it, so will you let me put this copper fork in that electric socket?"

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62