View Single Post
Old 06-25-2004, 10:09 AM   #16 (permalink)
onetime2
Junkie

Quote:
Originally posted by pan6467
I see so it's ok for Limbaugh to make Clinton's tirade and Kerry saying the "F" word a focal point for a week and to remind people every chance he has. BUT let a commoner like me post MY rant about Cheney doing the same thing and I'm making mountains out of molehills.

I see, just want to understand the battlefield here in our debates. I can't post or talk about anything that GOP members do, but it's ok for a talk show host to lambaste Dems when they do the same thing. BY the way you still have to bring Clinton into it. You guys cannot argue ANYTHING without bringing Clinton into it, pathetic.

No, it's not a big deal, the 2 big deals for me are:

Cheney is part of an administration that is raising fines and trying to define morals, yet, the VP knowing cameras are on him loses control. What would happen if instead of cursing Leahy, it had been the ambassador or leader of a country. When one is elected to that high of an office they need to maintain composure, because he proved to me that he would cuss out the leader of another country because he lacks self control.

As for Clinton, there is a big big difference between cursing an employee working for you for not doing their job the way you, the employer expected them to do it, and cursing someone who is supposedly a peer and an elected official.

It's also different in an interview setting.

I have had many bosses who would come in and curse at the workers. They usually were jerks and didn't keep people long because of it, but some bosses are like that.

I remember when Dems. said bad things, never once swearing mind you, they were just pointing out the philosophical differences about Bush's policies and were called unpatriotic and lambasted for talking about a president in such ways. Yet, again it is OK that someone from the right can tell in public on live tele to go fuck themself or fuck off.

In all honesty, I'm just trying to show this is one way we are keeping partisan politics a political hate game. To the right, in Clinton and Kerry's cases this was a HUGE issue, yet when the GOP do it, it's not an issue and, "how dare anyone say it is, if you didn't bust Clinton and Kerry for it then you have no right to say anything about Cheney."

Doesn't anyone see the bullshit in this? IT IS A FUCKING NON ISSUE BUT IT HELPS TO KEEP PEOPLE HATING THE OTHER POLITICAL PARTY. THAT'S MY TRUE POINT, TOOK FOREVER TO GET THERE BUT..... LOOK WHO'S TYPING THIS.
Again, you can not use what political pundits do to prop up your case. Their goal is to generate the partisan bickering that you are buying into. I brought up Clinton to point out that you are doing the exact same thing you are lambasting the GOP for. Where was your outrage then?

Please notice I said it was a non issue for Clinton AND a non issue for Cheney. You however claim it was a non issue for Clinton but suddenly it's an issue for Cheney because it was directed at an elected official. The offense, if you can even call it that, is the same. Losing your cool in a public setting and letting loose with an obscenity. Ooooh, let's bring him up on charges.

Additionally, trying to stretch your argument to imply that Cheney would do the same thing to the leader of another country could just as easily be done to the Clinton example yet it's still ok for Clinton right?

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62