View Single Post
Old 06-21-2004, 09:08 PM   #20 (permalink)
hannukah harry
Junkie

Quote:
Originally posted by dalnet22
I cared enough to leave her alone, so I'm supposed to care enough to let her kill herself. That's what I'm left to think about for the rest of my life. That doesn't sit right, but if that's what I have to do then so be it. In one sense she's already killed me, so maybe it's what she gets...

Anyway, thanks for the responses.
you really need to tell us teh story. i read your posts in the depression thread. is stuff you're not telling us that would change my opinion?

it sounds like you're anti-drinking and she gets drunk on the weekends. it's what many college aged people do. but because you don't like it your want to get involved and have her stopped from doing what she wants, living her life her way, because you care about her? when she doesn't want you in her life at all? doesn't this sound kinda rediculous to you?

she's not killing herself. yeah, it's possible that could happen, but since your not telling us more (or how you know any of this), we can't expect it to happen. other people have mentioned trying to get her to a support group or calling the cops... the former implies a problem (which i don't think you're capable to determine) and the other is borderline harassment.

she's had dui's? that's for the police to deal with. she could hurt herself or others, but so could anyone when the get behind the wheel at any time. and since she's underage, any alcohol in her system would give her a dui, even if its' jsut mouthwash that caused her to blow it.

basically, what i'm trying to get at, is you need to get help. go seek a professional. distance yourself from everything related to this girl. she is not your concern. in the depression thread you basically said (maybe it was implied) that you're suicidal and she's the only reason you have for living, even though she doesn't want anything to do with you. that's a really unhealthy obession you've got going on. you mention being legally insane? well go get therapy! get yourself committed if you think you're gonna hurt yourself or others! but get help!!! please. don't do anything rash or hurt yourself. get help.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73