View Single Post
Old 05-06-2003, 01:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
Sun Tzu
Conspiracy Realist

Eyes Opened / Apology Extended

In the last 14 years of my life I’ve traveled a journey that has basically led me to a frustrating end. The journey I refer to is my search, development, and support of the political belief system that I can give my loyalties to. I put it that way because its part of my desire; like so many others, to work towards creating liberty in my life. The liberty I’m referring to is the time I have available to utilize and enjoy the fruits of my labor in ways of my choosing. (A heart surgeon for example may earn high wages, but a constant necessity of being on call subtracts their ability to achieve large amounts of liberty) The other part of what I consider my success is contributing back; outward. This will be in any way that’s within my power. (I’d like to help troubled teens by getting them into martial arts programs, establishing some scholarship funds and many other things) Financial success obviously has to be part of what I’m creating.

I’m still learning everyday and will continue to do so, but I also know I’ve learned a lot up to this point as well. I remember back before I felt I had somewhat of a handle on what the political parties were all about I considered myself a democrat. This was because I was going against everything the rest of my family was about being Republicans. I thought that Democrats were for “the people” and the Republicans were for the “upper elite”. A lot has changed since then. When I entered the military I followed the conservative mindset. The disappointment was high for me when Bill Clinton became president, as I had voted for Bush senior to be reelected. Great deals of my beliefs have changed since then as well.

Studies of world commerce, past congressional records, declassified government documents, history, as well as my own experiences of international travel both in and out of the military has shaped my perception into questioning everything and subscribing to neither of the two main choices that appear on the election ballot. As Label, in what has now almost become tradition, my views would force even the strongest to don the tin foil helmets. Why have I gone into such an extended explanation? To hopefully give some meaning to the apology that I’m about to extend. That’s for those that even care, for those that don’t I understand and it’s all good.

In the last TFP there was a thread that asked who will be first to step up and admit they were wrong about condemning President Bush’s war plans. It doesn’t matter if I’m the only one to do so I was most definitely WRONG. I have other issues with the President, but perhaps at a different time, maybe never will they be brought up. As far as Iraq was concerned it was my thinking the President was acting like “a cowboy” war tyrant with his cabinet buddies ready to pounce on post Iraq for private financial gain. This all at the cost of our service members and Iraqi civilians. I had heard and read how bad Saddam was and al the terrible things he had done, but it wasn’t until last night a friend brought over a video and I observed a History channel presentation of Saddam’s biography.

The video was enough to sway my opinion, but the special truly opened my eyes. I couldn’t even finish watching it. The horrific scenes were too much for me to stomach. Entire towns filled with corpses, thousands of dead babies clinging to their dead mothers, other things so horrible I resent the fact they were shown on TV. I heard our leaders say what a killer Saddam was, but it never sunk in.

Here’s where I stand: I don’t care if they never find weapons of mass destruction, I don’t care if any member of the current political leadership makes any kind of gain; that murderous !@#**##@@ @#*!%^$@ had to be stopped. Rumsfeld who I was growing to truly dislike made a statement a few weeks ago that now Saddam will take his place in History next to Hitler and others. Well he indeed has. If I had seen what I saw months ago my views of the administrations foreign policy would have been much different.

As stated above I want to offer my apology to those I offended with pictures I posted a week ago of “supposed satellite images” I had seen flame wars beginning to kindle and thought if I posted what I did (in the tradition of political cartoons) they might have help tone down the tone though humor. It was also my smart-ass way to poke fun of both political parties. I will ask a moderator to take them down, but I will go to the server where they reside and take them down there as well. So if you see blank spots on the threads where they were that’s why. I have dishonored the deaths of all the innocent people that died by posting them and feel very bad about that. I don’t think I’ll ever get the images of what I saw out of my head; and I’ve seen and done some very bad things. Again I apologize to anyone I may have offended, it wasn’t a proper post; even for the humor thread.

To anyone that may have read this to the end I hope you understand that if I disagree with your views or you with mine (conspiracy theories galore) the foundation I what I believe is that everyone should be able to live free, no one is above the law, and that I want our planet and future generations to excel. Andrew Carnegie stated that 10% of the population is going the right direction, 10% the wrong and 80% are complacent. He understood that he wouldnt need to devote his time to the first group, but focus solely on the second. This was because he felt the second at least had passion, while the third had achieved a social numbness that only death would cure. I don’t see any here being in the third. Regardless of which group I view you in I respect the fact you care about what you’re saying.

President Bush made the right decision in using military force. Whether or not any WMB are found the world is a better place without Saddam Hussein. In staying true to my word and maintaining my self honor, I also sent an apology to the President via email. I doubt he’ll get it personally, but I stated I would do it here it is:

To: <president@whitehouse.gov>
Subject: Formal Apology
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 01:52:46 -0700
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="----=_NextPart_000_003A_01C31372.30E0BC60"
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1106
Disposition-Notification-To: "myrealname" <myrealname@cox.net>
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1106

Mr. President,

I feel compelled to offer you my deepest apology. This is in regards to my verbal protest of your decision to send troops to Iraq. I have learned and observed elements which I was not fully aware of upon drawing my initial conclusions. You, your cabinet, and our service men and women did a historically superb job in ending the evil of the Baath Party Reign. Thank you for being steadfast in this difficult time. There may be a percentage of Americans that don’t comprehend the great thing you’ve done, please know that this one who now does. Thank you again.

Respectfully,

Myrealname

Sorry about the length of this post.

Last edited by Sun Tzu; 05-17-2003 at 11:55 AM..

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73