View Single Post
Old 02-03-2004, 09:36 AM   #12 (permalink)
Nevus
Upright

Screw Clinton

No, there was no reason to go into Iraq. We already had UN inspectors up their ass constantly even DURING the neo-Bush administration. Human rights abuses? Uh look at China in Tibet, central Africa, and the Phillipines. I'm sorry but in terms of human rights abuses the world has bigger bloodier problems they should be working on FIRST.

If Clinton supported a tax cut like Bush's pandering to the rich, no of course I wouldn't support it. I am well-read and I understand how to collect information from multiple news and analyst sources while at the same time sorting out BIAS.

The Bush medicare bill continues to give BILLIONS to drug companies by
a) Not allowing the government to negociate prices (WTF kind of FREE MARKET is that)
b) Allowing current prices that will provide 10's of BILLIONS of dollars worth of profit (far far more than the cost to develop the drug over the lifetime of its use or to even make a reasonable amount of money) Who loses? You and your tax dollars paying for medication that is sold to the rest of the world at cut prices.

Clinton is GONE. PAST. No longer president. He wasn't even very liberal to begin with, unless you count his wife talking about the "Global Village" and the fact he smoked some ganj. He still was a handmaiden of special interests. The fact is we do not have a democracy in this country, any one who thinks otherwise needs to be beaten with some commonsense and a copy of Locke. We have a 2 Party Republic. NOT a democracy. There is nothing really democratic about federal level government. Admittedly, democracy is slow and requires an intelligent and active populace...something America does not have. Hopefully having Bush falsely placed in power by his brother's actions in Florida ( I have read multiple sources on this and have eliminated bias. The lists of 'felons' used in the Florida election was so horribly fabricated they couldn't even get the dates right) will wake some people up. Until we have a country that allows multiple power politics we will continue to go back and worth between two political parties already so bought off by corporations most people just accept it as part of US politics. This will require elimination of the electoral college and actual FREE SPEECH and participation in national televised debates by other party canidates. I personally dislike having to sacrifice my ideals just so this country doesn't get stuck showing the world the horrors of modern technology and how easily it is to eliminate dissent.

/rant

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62