View Single Post
Old 01-18-2004, 02:34 AM   #11 (permalink)
Spartak
Bang bang

Beer is possibly the greatest invention ever, as Benjamin Franklin said "Beer of proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy".

Beer is always a good choice when I go out drinking, why ? Because it's so cheap, and is possibly the most sweet tasting beverage ever.

This ofcourse being decent beer. I think that's the problem with some people who are put off beer because they only tried a few brands, many of which are pretty foul.

In New Zealand where I live we have so much good local beer, Tui or Export Gold is the student beer of choice, because you can get a dozen (12 x 330ml bottles) for around $NZ 15 or less, and you can drink a dozen of it fairly allright.

Ofcourse you can get cheaper beer like Double Brown (drink it down!, the only beer in town!), or DB Draught or Stag or Lion Red. Now some like it, thats cool, personally I can't stand the stuff, unless I'm funneling them down then it doesn't really matter.

But the best New Zealand beer in my opinion is this stuff called Monteiths
they make so many different kinds, all of which are very quality. But I narrow the field to 3 contenders: Celtic Red, Gold and Black. Celtic Red is a classic red ale, it has very nice texture and a lovely colour. Gold is a very good lager, possibly the best New Zealand has to offfer. And Black is an ok substiute for Guinness (see below).

Now, I mean I tried pretty much every imported beer there is, and I came up with this conclusion: Corona is nothing more than overpriced bland lager in a fancy bottle, and Heineken is possibly one of the worst beers ever made. Stella Artois is possibly the best lager, but only the stuff that is imported from Belgium.

But. My most favourite beer in the world is Guinness. I mean, it is possibly the best beer ever... wait it is. First of all it is the darkest beer I have ever seen. It's delicously thick, and the best part is the creamy foam on top. No beer foam tastes as good as Guinness foam. The only downside is its relatively low alcohol percentage (4.2%) for an imported beer. But strangely that does not really make a difference.

The only bad thing I can think of about beer is that it goes through you like nothning on earth. To be quite blunt: whatever you drink you will piss out and then some. On a night on the town, ofcourse for sheer convinience its better to stick to spirits, but for a house party its beer, beer, wonderful beer.

Oh yeah, the above opinions are my own, I have come to hold such opinions after many years of student drinking, I am not an alcoholic I just like beer, if you don't like beer that's cool and I think no different of you.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73