View Single Post
Old 01-15-2004, 06:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
Liquor Dealer
Super Agitator

So who is actually ahead in Dem. Party?

As all of you know I'm a Republican about 90% of the time. With this in mind it makes it very puzzling for me in trying to figure out what is happening in Iowa and other places. Dean appeared to have the thing sewed up and in the bag. Now, it appears that the field has leveled out and we're almost back to square one. In my mind, Dean is by far the least acceptable of those still in the race for the Democratic Party nomination. I'm not really sure what he stands for, and I'm not sure he even knows - he seems to sway back and forth depending on geography - as an example, religion. He is supposedly going to Georgia to meet with the Peanut and in Georgia, he is gonna' have religion. It seems that he stands for whatever is locally acceptable depending on where he is at the moment. The issues he does seem to be consistant on are far to liberal for me.

General Clark appears to be counting on his military past to gain acceptance. He seems to come off as being in Clinton's pocket and I've definitely had enough of Clinton Inc. It really makes one question the sanity of those who claim to be Democrats when you hear talk of Hillary as being the most acceptable to them of those running and those claiming they aren't.

Gephardt comes off as being a middle of the road candidate who is fairly consistant in his expressed beliefs - while I disagree with him on some things, he would probably be OK.

Kerry comes off as an arrogant professional politician, cut from the same ilk as his fellow senator from Massachusetts, a pompous ass.

Lieberman is a man I admire and is probably the most desirable of those who are running at the moment. He appears to be honest and sincere in his beliefs. The biggest drawback to me is his past alliance with Gore. Leiberman's religion, in my opinion, would make it all but impossible for him to be an effective president in today's world. I do not think he would ever be able to deal with the Middle-East with any hope for success.

I am not attempting to start a debate with what I've said, there are no sources for any of the above statements - they are my opinion. Would I vote for any of the current Democrats running for office? Yes, I could support Gephardt or Lieberman but cannot see myself ever being able to vote for Dean or Kerry.

Your turn.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62