Thread: Parents Naked
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2003, 09:18 PM   #25 (permalink)
Sleepyjack
Fast'n'Bulbous

ahhh fuck!

You know the face thingies really aren't the best way of showing emotions or the context/nature of what you're saying.

anyway, seriously now, not everyone grew up in the same family environment. You have to appreciate that my family isn't the same as yours, so we have differently formed relationships and comfort zones with each other.

Yes, back when i was younger and growing up, i'd see my parents naked alot of the time and it was no big deal. Still now, it really isn't, although people fail to realise that a lot of my posts are done for a bit of fun and with light heartedness in mind.
But it's sometimes hard to express that with text, when you need tone of voice, facial expression and body language. So i really wasn't THAt offended or grossed out, but normally i'd prefer not to see family members naked.

I also think it's great that others are open enough with each other and their families, but although it's my personnal preference not to see other family members naked. If i do, it isn't too much of a big deal, yes, i am a little shocked, although it's not really a life and death issue.

I think, maybe we're probably not that much different, although since i oversensationalised the issue by making a topic it'd probably make me appear very shocked and traumatised, which isn't really the case. Sure i was a little uncomfortable for a second but i don't really have a hang up for days, it does go away pretty quickly. I think it would be anyone naturals reaction to seeing anyone naked, especailly when i wasn't expecting it, that's might be the main shock value?

moving to a side topic:
As for well adjusted. Although i don't really know what the fuck that means, how can one really say you're well adjusted? based on what?

I am also able to look at another guys genitals wihtout having any hang ups whatsoever. I do shower with friends, after sports/games and theres no big deal whatsoever, mainly, perhaps, because i know i am going to see them naked
(again, what do those faces actualy portray to you?)

For an anology or to help understand wher i am coming from, take looking at mediacl scenes, for an example:

Theres a similar argument that people who can't stand to look at medical scenes aren't well adjusted, or vice versa? who knows?
I can look at medical scenes and not feel queesy or flip out, where as others get "grossed out" by it?
Although it could be said i am not well adjusted or whatever, since i can stand to look at the scenes (i must be a sadist or something then :roll: ) or on the flip side people who can't, aren't because they can't handle it, when it's just the inards of a human body?

Either way, who's well adjusted. Some people have a personnal preference not to look or see these medical scenes whereas others don't really get shocked by it. This issue is the same as seeing parents naked or anything else whatsoever. it's your own comfort zone.

Although i must reiterate that seeing my parents really isn't too bigger deal, and now i am being serious i must say that it was probably more the shock value of not suspecting to see anything that cause the main shock.

Anyways everyones family is different and they have differrent comfort zones with each other depending on how their relationships have formed and developed. People themselves also have different comfort zones in what they choose to see or are comfortable with seeing, so that's why.

also, in my original post, terms i used, completely oversensationlised my feelings. Yes i was shocked, but any nightmares or anything esle, whatever, aren't true and yes i manage to get over it extremely quickly.

as for well adjusted, myself, i think it's a fucked up term. Sorry .

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73