View Single Post
Old 11-16-2003, 10:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Phaenx
The Northern Ward

Crashed my car today.

I'm fine though, so is the car.

Turned out to be a fun ride actually, I was coming down an exit ramp and noticed I was going to fast around the corner. It had been sprinkling a bit that day and the roads were very slick, I was just over the speed limit for the ramp and could feel it was too fast so I hit the brakes right before the climax of the curve. I had a split second of perfect clarity where I remembered that was something one shouldn't do in such a situation.

My feet are faster then my brain apparently.

So the car begins to fishtale, I was surprisingly calm and focused through the whole ordeal (contrary to what I'd figure would happen, which would be all adrenaline driven reactions), trying to steer out of the turn and avoid the nearby drivers.

Well, I didn't steer out of the first fishtale, instead I overcompensated and after that I knew I was boned, so from there I tried to minimize the damage. This is when I notice I'm heading for a big embankment at the bottom of a ditch so I aim for the other side of the road, which turns me all the way around and sends me off the right side of the road where I was lucky enough to go over a broken guard rail and slide through the grass (backwards) a good 50 or so feet before stopping exactly 1 foot from another bigass ditch.

I had little control after that last turn (I pointed my wheels straight ahead and put on the brakes when I got into the grass, which was mostly mud) so I just kind of looked out my window trying to judge if I would hit the rail or not (some of it was knocked down from someone else hitting it, this is a very dangerous exit obviously, I found a bunch of broken car parts around there when I got out of my car).

The car comes to a stop and now I'm catching up to myself while sitting in my car. I get out to see what kind of shape my car is in, the wheels are muddy and that's about it. I thought it was pretty amazing considering I almost got jacked like 5 or 6 times within a time period of 7 or 8 seconds, I thought for sure the embankment would toast me.

Three people stopped to help me out, one of whom called the police. I talked to them for a bit and thanked them for their concern, asked if anyone else crashed and then drove my car out of the little grass field by the exit there. I called the police station and let them knew I crashed, the car was fine and nobody was injured and drove off.

I also hit on a good looking waitress at Big Boys like half an hour later. She had sexy glasses.
"I went shopping last night at like 1am. The place was empty and this old woman just making polite conversation said to me, 'where is everyone??' I replied, 'In bed, same place you and I should be!' Took me ten minutes to figure out why she gave me a dirty look." --Some guy

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73