View Single Post
Old 11-04-2003, 05:15 PM   #12 (permalink)
Nefir
Junkie

Thanks for the replies, guys. I can't help but laugh my ass off at some of the replies

Here's my plan, broken down into the categories: GOV'T, ELECTION, MILITARY, ECONOMY

GOV'T
There is one president and a cabinet of his/her choosing, with each member having a certain order. There is no VP, because the cabinet order determines succession in case of death, and whoever remains will continue serving the rest of the term unless they resign, but not before congress votes on whether or not to choose a different administration (ie: in case of cabinet backstabbing).

Congress shall work just as it does now, with two houses, etc. etc.

ELECTION
Anyone can be president, even if you weren't born here. No minimum age to participate in gov't at any level, but there is a maximum age, after which politicians must retire, to prevent the country from going stale and inflexible.

Two party system must be replaced with a more flexibile method, like say, if you want to start an official party, get X# of people to sign a petition, and you get a slot on the ballot, and a given amount of paid exposure, covered by surplus if there is one, or by the current administration's party if there's a deficit. No party can legally exceed this budget.

Contributions can be accepted by the party, but cannot be used for exposure, and must be kept in a collective account, untouchable by any single individual. They can be used to fund projects and such, if congress allows it.

MILITARY
Military control is in the hands of congress. It is the administration's responsibility to present correct, clear, and concise reports about proposed military actions, and to convince the congress to accept it. At least this way you might say *the whole country's representatives* are accountable, and not just the administration.

ECONOMY
Since the country is still weak, agriculture and manual labor will have to go a long way, but no labor unions will be allowed. Once it recovers, however, one union will be allowed as an exception - the consumers' union.

IMHO the nazis will fade away pathetically once the economy goes up, and unless Canada comes up with a similar plan, it will be to its advantage to join up

I am sure much more detail is necessary... I guess thats a decent beginning though.
Kompressor watch you scream, Because Kompressor does not dance

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73