View Single Post
Old 10-03-2003, 10:20 PM   #30 (permalink)
Food Eater Lad
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by HarmlessRabbit
You started this thread.

You have failed to prove your points.I thought showing how when places ban guns and crime, especially murders go up, proved my point.

You have misquoted stories (here and elsewhere on the forum).
Nope, not close. Keep saying it though, I ams sure someone will belive you.

You have twisted facts (here and elsewhere on the forum).

You have failed to provide backing to your wild assertions.

Trying to turn this around on me is a juvenile tactic at best.
Asking you to back up your claims is juvenile? How juvenile.

Let's summarize the thread:

- Your original post claimed "Gun laws dont reduce gun violence" and cited a study which showed that no studies have yet proven that gun laws are or are not effective.

That was the point of the article, how there is no proof that anti gun laws reduce crime. Sorry if that doenst jive with you
- You claimed that banning guns increased the murder rate in Australia. You have failed to provide any citation as to when or if the gun laws were changed, you only posted one story showing that gun crimes went down as multi-murders of familes and small children went up.
The fact still remains that murders went up after Austraila had a gun ban. Again, sorry if the facts dont jive with your world view.

- You claimed that "England is seeing a 49% gun homocide rise in one year, with a 35% rise the next." No citations to back that
up.

I posted this in the Micheal Moore thread. There is a link there to the bbc new article that says gun homicide in England up 49% and the next year up 35 % read them for your self if you wish.
- You claimed that "Canada this year murders went up, while gun homocide went down." No citations to back that up.
This year Canada's gun homicide is at a 42 year low. Good for Canada! Hooray. But murders are up. Bad for canada, Shucks. Sorry if this doesnt jive with your world view. And Canda just enacted a stricter gun control law.

- You claimed that "The facts are, since you ignore them, every time guns are banned, murders go up." With, amusingly enough, no facts to back that up.
There is facts all over the place, you choose to ignore them.

And now you close all that out by asking me to prove my point? I'd laugh if this wasn't so sad.
How about you stop laughing and prove your point?

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73