View Single Post
Old 10-01-2003, 01:24 PM   #40 (permalink)
twotimesadingo
Psycho

Quote:
Originally posted by Sad_Machine
Personally, I think a lot of people who smoke weed actually have a deeper knowledge of who they are. Sure, there are some people that smoke weed to get "messed up," but marijuana also inspires you to look at things from a different point of view and different state of mind. One can discover many insightful things about themselves and the world around them when high. Marijuana helps one to relax and in that time, you do a lot of thinking.
Many things make me reject drug use, but this argument alone really hammers home my decision on the subject.

People (and I'm generalizing; I'm referring to two standard deviations on the bell curve) don't smoke pot to ponder existence, they smoke it to get high. If you really want to argue otherwise -- regarding the proportion, at least -- then you're deluding yourself. I don't care how you want to rationalize it for yourself (you're doing something illegal, and there's no way around it), but don't peddle your veiled, false logic here. You tell me that it allows you to look at life in a different manner, from a different perspective; how 'bout you go on a fucking hunger strike, then? Not as enjoyable, is it?

It's all about integrity. I drink fermented beverages. I don't claim to do that because there's a delicate point between total inebriation and stone cold sobriety that lowers my inhibitions to a level which allows me to live a fuller, more enjoyable life and consider things in greater detail; I do it to get drunk, or to nurse something with some friends, or to dance like a white boy should. I'm honest with myself.
Yeah, I've come to some pretty strange conclusions when my mind is muddled with drink, but I'm not gonna lie through my teeth and tell you that's why I do it...

Beat those parents with a shovel, I say. Their self-involved activity is nothing if not detrimental to their child. Their inability to monitor such simple activities as show-and-tell, and secret their illegal activities from their child, show that they are still babies themselves.
They're one and the same I must isolate you, isolate and save you from yourself."
- A Perfect Circle

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73