View Single Post
Old 09-25-2003, 12:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
RotEx
Crazy

yeah, my buddy just put a pair of 12" subs under the seats in his dodge ram. they sound amazing.

Good speakers for your money are...

JL audio - these speakers, have the most clean crisp sound i have heard out of most speakers that are within a normal budget.

the Alpine's are great as well, they have a thick foam outer edge and are very very loud, just not as clear as the JL's

I had a pair of kenwoods. they were okay, but i would not suggest them, and as already said, STAY AWAY FROM SONY!!!

IMHO - a recap on the deck's. if you CAN afford a clarion deck, do it! they are worth every penny, especially if you like eye candy. they sound great and have all the bells and whistles...

hell.. the clarion that i had had an attatchment for my cellphone so that whenever it rang the music would mute or pause(whichever you set it to) and your phone would ring through the speakers in your car(you can set the volume it does that as well)

Now. as far as Amp's go...

i ALWAYS suggest Zapco, they are an amazing company and they have amazing WATT area's
dont believe all these companies that say they are 1200W and 800W BullSHIT!

get an amp that tells you RMS (Root Mean Squared) is a measure of the amp's ability to supply clean power over a continuous period. This rating is important because it is used to indicate the realistic power handling capability of a speaker. Ideally, the RMS ratings for the amp and for the speaker should be similar.

Zapco, Rockford Fosgate, both GREAT companies... do a little research...

the best thing you can do is walk into a car audio store and pretend like you are about to spend 8 grand on a system. they will tell you EVERYTHING you should know. (ignore the bullshit they feed you about how you NEED 500 Watts to power 2 12" subs)

to power 2 12"subs properly you only need about 300 - 350 watts

UNLESS you really wanna be heard 3 blocks away and be hated by all your neighbours. but then you gotta go spend money on better speakers that are capeable of withstanding that kind of abuse...

after subs you will find you will need tweeters, mids blah blah blah... we will get into that once you realize you need these things... but your Truck speakers will be fine if you stick to a moderate system. if you go overboard when buying subs you will find the rest of your speakers are not good enough for you.

so.. lesson learned, the less money youu spend, the less money you will HAVE to spend.

any more questions... just ask

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62