View Single Post
Old 09-16-2003, 01:30 PM   #16 (permalink)
Mr. Mojo
Addict

Re: Re: I have a message for my liberal friends...

Quote:
Originally posted by Superbelt

Anyway I just wanted to address those things.... Carry on.

<I>Florida:
The whole rant he does on it excludes the facts that tens of thousands of black voters were wrongfully excluded from the voting rolls and that the company that excluded them eventually admitted to as much. </I>

<b>* <a target=new href="http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/onpolitics/elections2000/recount/front.htm">Study: Black Votes Affected Most (LINK)</a></b> "Black precincts had a heavy concentration of overvotes that were rejected by counting machines on election day. White precincts using the same technology – Votomatic punch cards – had a different pattern of errors: They had a higher rate of incomplete punches such as dimples or "hanging chads."

So who's fault is it that the votes were rejected? The Voters.
You didn’t say anything about all the Absentee Ballots that Gore had tossed out because of the Military's Postal System.

<I>Gore, if he got the statewide recount, which is what he fought for in the SCOTUS, would have won the state.</I>

<b>*<a target=new href="http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2001/florida.ballots/stories/main.html">Florida recount study: Bush still wins (LINK)</a></b> "A comprehensive study of the 2000 presidential election in Florida suggests that if the U.S. Supreme Court had allowed a statewide vote recount to proceed, Republican candidate George W. Bush would still have been elected president."

<b>*</b> I know nothing about what is going in Texas

<b>*<a target=new href="http://216.239.51.104/search?q=cache:vXwBpMo3o8IJ:recallwatch.lobbyingcentral.com/prorecallpetition.pdf+registered+voters+petition+to+recall+Gray+Davis+&hl=en&ie=UTF-8">Recall Petition Instruction Sheet (LINK)</a></b> "All signatures on a petition must be by REGISTERED VOTERS of the SAME County that is designated on the petition."

I dunno if you ever worked a political petition drive, I have (they suck more than words allow), the very first question you ask: "Are you a registered voter?"

<I>So this small minority of people who I am sure most of which were too lazy to actually vote in the election were able to subvert the will of the people who actually took the time to get out and vote for a governor.</I>

<b>*</b> Its in the States constituion to allow the people to TRY a recall. I'm sure there was a recall drive against Reagan (twice) and Pete Wilson. So this recall is nothing new. It just a 'outrage' because it against a democrat.

Last edited by Mr. Mojo; 09-16-2003 at 01:34 PM..

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73