View Single Post
Old 07-23-2003, 05:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
archer2371
Sarge of Blood Gulch Red Outpost Number One

Former President Clinton on Current President Bush and those now famous sixteen words

This is something that I did not to expect to come from Slick Willy....

Now these are just a few excerpts from when he was on the phone with Larry King, the link is http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0307/22/lkl.00.html
just so people don't think I'm trying to mislead folks by just giving soundbytes and not the source.

CLINTON: Well, here's what happens: every day the president gets a daily brief from the CIA. And then, if it's some important issue -- and believe me, you know, anything having to do with chemical, biological or nuclear weapons became much more important to everybody in the White House after September the 11 -- then they probably told the president, certainly Condoleezza Rice, that this is what the British intelligence thought. They maybe have a difference of opinion, but on balance, they decided they should leave that line in the speech.

I think the main thing I want to say to you is, people can quarrel with whether we should have more troops in Afghanistan or internationalize Iraq or whatever, but it is incontestable that on the day I left office, there were unaccounted for stocks of biological and chemical weapons. We might have destroyed them in '98. We tried to, but we sure as heck didn't know it because we never got to go back in there.

And what I think -- again, I would say the most important thing is we should focus on what's the best way to build Iraq as a democracy? How is the president going to do that and deal with continuing problems in Afghanistan and North Korea?

We should be pulling for America on this. We should be pulling for the people of Iraq. We can have honest disagreements about where we go from here, and we have space now to discuss that in what I hope will be a nonpartisan and open way. But this State of the Union deal they decided to use the British intelligence. The president said it was British intelligence. Then they said on balance they shouldn't have done it. You know, everybody makes mistakes when they are president. I mean, you can't make as many calls as you have to make without messing up once in awhile. The thing we ought to be focused on is what is the right thing to do now. That's what I think.

~Now this is me talking, what do you guys think of Mr. Clinton's statements? I think since he has actually sat in the Oval Office he knows what is going on and can give us a perspective like none other can. Now comes for the really strange part, I AGREE with BILL FRICKIN' CLINTON!!! Most of you know that I am pretty conservative from what I post on the TFP. We need to stop squabbling over how we got to where we are now, realize that we have to do something about it and deal with it, let the people make their own judgments at the polls in 2004. Rebuilding Iraq and Afghanistan should be Number One and Two on the list of Foreign Policy issues at this time now. As a wise man once said "Do not distract yourself with the past and future, be in the here and now."

"Hey Grif, Chupathingy...how bout that? I like it...got a ring to it."

"I have no earthly idea what it is I just saw, or what this place is, or where in the hell O'Malley is! My only choice is to blame Grif for coming up with such a flawed plan. Stupid, stupid Grif."

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73