Thread: Contact Lens
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2003, 04:34 AM   #14 (permalink)
raeanna74
I'm not a blonde! I'm knot! I'm knot! I'm knot!

I wear Rigid Semi-Permiable contacts. I don't wear them near as often now which means they feel more uncomfortable. I quit wearing them when I was in the hospital and then recovering from C-Section. Now I can't wear them often because I'm on the pill (one side effect is that it drys your eyes out some). I love the Rigid ones. I just have to take the time to get use to them again. Every Optomitrist I see seems to think I'm nuts because they aren't as comfortable as soft contacts. Here's why I chose them. 1. Rigid contacts are $40 per lens and can, with proper care, last up to 10 years. I have had mine for 4. 2. Soft Toric lenses (for astigmatism which is what my correction is for mainly) are much more depending on the make and supplier. They run about $65 per lens up to $110 or so. Now if you don't need the Toric lenses it will be significantly cheaper. 3. Rigid lenses, according to the Consumer reports, are credited with minutely improving vision over a long period of use. The last two times I saw an optomitrist (the last two years) my eyes had improved both times. They don't require chemical washes. You rub them in one solution for 10 seconds and then put them in the case with the soaking solution. The solutions (last I checked) were about $15 altogether and last me for about 4-5 months. I do now that the soft contacts are getting cheaper and cheaper and are more comfortable to wear than ever before but I'm a cheapo and like my Rigid Contacts. Also you don't ever have to touch your eye. It does take about 2 weeks to become FULLY accoustomed to them. Once you are though you really dont' notice them anymore. When I put them in I set them on the inside of my bottom lid and them let go of the lid. To take them out I pull my eyelids tight and blink hard (I can't get this method to work but it's what they usually teach you) or I put my bottom lid up underneath the contact and it slips out onto my eyelid. Never touch my eye with my finger. I have been thankful for them once in a while. They seem to keep my eyes from getting hurt somewhat. Once I even saw a bug fly into my eye, hit my contact and fly away and I never felt it. Wierd but I was glad for my contact. lol Just the information that helped me decide what to choose.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54