View Single Post
Old 06-25-2003, 08:48 AM   #40 (permalink)
seretogis
Huggles, sir?

Quote:
Originally posted by Prophecy
Some how I knew you were going to say that when I posted.
So let me say this, I'm referring to abortions only. Breaking and entering is a different topic that I have a different view on. Abortion isn't a special case it’s a separate case. My views on breaking and entering have nothing to with abortion.
I know this, my point was that if you want to legalize something merely to allow people to learn moral lessons, then legalize something which does not have a living victim which dies.

Quote:
Okay, yes we have contraceptives, but no birth control method is perfectly reliable (except abstinence), and for medical or religious reasons many women can't use the most effective methods. Contraceptive information and services are still not available to all women, especially teens and the poor. That some women (and men) are careless about birth control is irrelevant to the legality of abortion.
Who, for religious or medical reasons, cannot have the man use condoms? A friend of mine is allergic to latex, so their partner has to use lambskin condoms, but they are available and work just as well.

Quote:
I am pro-choice. "Pro-abortion/Abortion-supporter" is inaccurate, it implies I favor abortion over childbirth. I support choice/reproductive freedom, which means that an individual woman should be able to make her own choice.
All you're doing is playing around with words. "Pro-choice" implies that I do not believe in choice, which is incorrect. People should exercise said choice before another life is involved, not make life-threatening choices for a child.

Quote:
[list=1][*]The fetus is totally dependent on the body of the woman for its life support and is physically attached to her by the placenta and umbilicus. The health of the fetus is directly related to the health of the pregnant woman. Only at birth are they separate.[*]No twelve week child has been taken from the mother's womb and survived.[/list=1]
These points are not really valid, because they are dependant on our technology and that it never improves to the point where a 12 week old child can survive without the mother. It's honestly just a matter of time.

By the way, how many two year olds do you know that are not entirely dependant on the parents for food/safety? Are you suggesting that until they are completely self-sufficient, they can still be aborted?

Quote:
I think that is along the lines of something seretogis was saying. Anyway, the brain structures and nerve-cell connections that characterize the thinking and feeling parts of the brain are not completed until between the 7th and 8th months of gestation.
As far as I know, the ability to feel pain isn't a determining factor of life. Are people in comas not alive?

Quote:
Almost all legislators who oppose abortion rights also support the death penalty. One might ask if they think people who are convicted of murder are no longer human.
In both cases (capital punishment, abortion) there were choices available which could save lives. Choices which, by the way, were ignored or passed over for what would yield immediate benefit but long-term suffering. Those who consistently make the wrong decisions and endanger the lives of others have wasted their chances to bring something positive into the world.

Quote:
Originally posted by Daval
Are there seriously people who compare masturbation to abortion? I've never heard that before. wow!
Yes, there are also people who consider birth control to be sinful -- as well as any sex performed without intent to impregnante.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73