View Single Post
Old 06-19-2003, 02:59 PM   #9 (permalink)
CSflim
Sky Piercer

Quote:
Originally posted by diergray
I just hope Signorey Weaver isn't in it. The reason Aliens was so good was because of the Colonial Marines not the Ripley character. Get rid of her and cast a bunch of unknowns as marines and have them fight something new.
No way! Ripley was the best thing from the series. Well apart from the Alien!

I do think that the first film, Alien, was by far the best in the series. So dark and foreboding. really athmospheric. Genuinely scarey and grusesome. One word: Chestbuster! Beautiful! But godamn it, Ripley and that fucking cat! "My crew are being slaughered, the ship is falling aart all around me....I better go get the cat!"

I have to say I was a bit disppointed with Aliens, it was just a typical actiony type movie, with marines as mere cannon fodder, and aliens by the hundred! Alien did far better with a single alien, than Aliens did with hundreds of them. It just wasn't horrifying in any way.

Alien 3 tried to go back to basics, with a single Alien versus a number of unarmed humans. It was a nice idea, and could have been a great film, but ultimately fell short. This has been blamed on the producers and the vaious exec's. Fincher was put in place as a pop promo video director: Someone they could push around. Not so with Fincher, he knew what he wanted to do, and was going to do things his way, unfortunately there was a lot of conflict, the whole film was butchered by ignorant hacks, and the fact that we were left with anything near coherrant has largely been put down to a miracle. Still, not a bad attempt from a first time director. and that ending!

Alein: Ressurection: What the hell is this!? It ain't an Alien film, thats for sure! At least it had an interesting excuse to bring back Ripley...sort of. It had some nice scenes, but like Aliens, it felt to much like a bog standard "sci-fi"-action film. Except worse...where's the athmosphere? Where's the tension? Do we even give a fuck that all these space marines are being slaughtered? And you're trying to tell me, that you're using the great vaccum of space to kill the Alien AGAIN!? You're escaping from a detoning space ship AGAIN!? Had this not been an Alien film, I guess I would have just sat back and enjoyed it.

So, essentialy the films have just gotten worse. When I head Ridley Scott was planning on doing an Alien 5, I was excited...the original director...maybe he can create a decent film. James Cameron AND Ridley Scott you say!? Sweeeet! Can't wait for this 5th film.

Now you're telling me it's being scrapped!? That sucks. And on top of that, some cack handed dumbass is going to come and create some retarted piece of shit to add another irreverant sequel, which also happens to be based on a videogame (we know how sucessful THEY have been in the past!).

Thansk man, great news. You just ruined my day!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73