View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 10:50 AM   #141 (permalink)
The_Jazz
Asshole

Administrator
As I understand it, Poetry, you object to the quantity approach and your preferred method is a quality approach. I get that. You want to feel special - he took the time and energy to craft a unique note that is properly worded and punctuated. You've got enough self-respect to know that you deserve as much.

But the guy who has that approach isn't going to make it without knowing you're worthy of it. Why would a guy spend that much time drafting a note that's going to catch your eye without being reasonably certain that you (the plural "you", not the specific "you") aren't a complete airhead? Any guy that's going to pass your muster is going to be at least passingly interested in what's between your ears. Sure, at the end of the day, his predominant interest is what's between your legs, but any halfway intelligent guy is going to know that it's more important to impress you than not.

Your history lends itself to one of the assumptions I've made in recent years: anyone younger than 23-25 is an emotional idiot. By that I mean that they don't have the experiences yet to find the smooth ways through life and that they're predisposed to create needless drama for themselves. The body may graduate from Junior High School at about 15, but the mind stays there for about a decade. At least for most of us. Myself included - hell, I once moved TO a city where I knew 3 people for a girl and then moved to a city where I knew no one a couple of years later to get away from her.

I don't mean that to pooh-pooh the seriousness of what happened to you, but at least with your earlier run-ins, I'm willing to bet that you could honestly say "if I knew then what I know now, that never would have happened."

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62