View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 07:54 PM   #99 (permalink)
dc_dux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthetiq View Post
....I think that the vitriol is okay. It's when the speech or thought turns into action which is not okay.
Perhaps a few examples:
Quote:
James Adkisson has been sentenced to life behind bars for the deaths of Greg McKendry and Linda Kraeger, the Unitarian Universalist martyrs who died during his assault on their church in Knoxville, TN...

Many of us intuited at the time that Adkisson's rampage was exactly the kind of rancid fruit that would inevitably take root in an American countryside thickly composted with two decades of hate radio bullshit, freshly turned and watered with growing middle-class frustration over the failing economy. That suspicion that was verified in the days that followed, when police searched Adkisson's apartment and found it filled with books and newsletters penned by Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity, and other right-wing hate talkers.
"Know this if nothing else: This was a hate crime. I hate the damn left-wing liberals. There is a vast left-wing conspiracy in this country & these liberals are working together to attack every decent & honorable institution in the nation, trying to turn this country into a communist state. Shame on them....

"This was a symbolic killing. Who I wanted to kill was every Democrat in the Senate & House....I couldn't get to the generals & high ranking officers of the Marxist movement so I went after the foot soldiers...

"I thought I'd do something good for this Country Kill Democrats til the cops kill me....Liberals are a pest like termites. Millions of them Each little bite contributes to the downfall of this great nation. The only way we can rid ourselves of this evil is to kill them in the streets.
Marxists? Destroying the country? Sounds like Limbaugh, Beck, Hannity....day after day.

Quote:
A central Washington man was so enraged by the passage of federal health care reform that he threatened to kill U.S. Sen. Patty Murray, prosecutors charged Tuesday.

"I want to .... kill you," court documents say Charles Alan Wilson of Selah said in one of his foul-mouthed calls to Murray's office....

"Since you are going to put my life at risk, and some bureaucrat is going to determine my health care, your life is at risk, dear. Yes, your life is at risk," court documents say Wilson said in one of the calls on March 23.

Prosecutors: Enraged by health reform, man threatens to kill Murray
The Health Care law is putting his life at risk...a bureaucrat will determine his health? Sounds just like what was heard on conservative talk radio for months.....death panels, government intrusion into your life. etc.....

How about the number of arson cases against mosques in the last few years....I think it is up to 4 or 5 now...during the same time that conservative talk radio makes repeated claims that most mosques in the US are funded by, or fronts for, terrorist organizations.

I can find more...and I dont have to go back to the 70s and the Weather Underground and Jim Jones.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73