View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 08:13 PM   #94 (permalink)
dc_dux

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottopilot View Post
I suppose to go "there" you would need to qualify your claim regarding "daily hate spewed". It is simply your opinion.

So with the so-called context issue some of you are whining about, I suppose bringing up a lovable fuzz-ball like Jim Jones is way out of line. It must be so unfair to mention his huge influence with the San Francisco democrats producing rent-free "rent-a-rallies" for liberal politicians and causes... gee, Jim Jones effortlessly garnered such enormous amounts of good will from Democratic politicians and activists. Harvey Milk never seemed to care how Jones could, at the snap of his fingers, direct hundreds of people to stack a public meeting or volunteer for a campaign... (hmmm... sort of like ACORN and SEIU). Milk only cared that he benefited from that control and never bothered to do anything to inhibit such a dangerous cult operating in his city. Instead, he actively aided and abetted a homicidal maniac. And it wasn't just local hacks Jones commanded respect from... he hung out with "big shots" like SF Mayor George Moscone, future first lady Rosalyn Carter, California Governor Jerry Brown, (roachboy's buddy) vice presidential candidate Walter Mondale, and many, many more. Nothin' like taking the old rules for radicals "ends justifies the means" idea to the extreme.

The guy was the democratic party's wet dream until it blew up their faces. Then the scramble to disassociate from Jones after the Jonestown massacre seems like a tactic so familiar in so many ways today (WMDs). Just imagine how inconvenient it became to have ties to one of the biggest mass murderers in modern times. His ties to the media and the Democratic party were numerous. They were happy to use him as long as it served their purposes.

FACT: On November 17, 1978, Jim Jones was a hero to American leftists.

FACT: On November 18, 1978, Jones orchestrated the killings of 918 men, women, and helpless children ...then strangely suddenly morphed in the eyes of American leftists into an evangelical Christian fanatic... this tactic also rings familiar today.

Sorry for those on the left... but he's yours and yours alone . Top that one.
First the Weather Underground...then Jim Jones

You guys sure know how to keep it relevant!

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthetiq View Post
I couldn't say because I don't subscribe nor consume that media either. I don't care about those extremes on either the right or the left. I'm not interested in being a media watch dog.
Its not about consuming that particular media, but raising the level of political discourse in the country.

But I get it....you dont see that as your responsibility.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73