View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 09:23 AM   #43 (permalink)
The_Jazz
Asshole

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assnaked View Post
I've often wondered how to do this myself and I have a couple bic disposables in my possession that I wouldn't mind keeping around. Good questipn Finley.

This thread reminds me of something I notice a lot on message boards or Q&A sites and can't figure out the rationale behind. What is the thought process behind someone answering a question such as the OP's with an answer like "Buy another one, it's called <u>disposable</u> for a reason" and feel that they're helping. I see this a lot on threads where someone says, "I smoked/snorted/ate [random chemical/substance that they aren't supposed to consume] and have a drug test coming up. Is there anything I can do to speed up the excretion of the metabolites?" and the never-ending flood of "don't do drugs you idiot! That's the only way to pass the UA" come in, even when people can see that the person posting directly before them posted the exact same thing.

You see, using this thread as an example, isn't it painfully obvious that buying another lighter isn't a solution to the problem? He could buy every lighter in the world, and yet the lighter he considers special and worth keeping will continue to remain empty. Same goes for the guy who knew he had a drug test hanging over his head but still went on the cocaine binge. The time for "not doing drugs" has obviously come and gone. Why post redundant, uninformative responses?

Anyone have a clue to this? And "if it bothers you that much, don't read the replies" won't help because again, not only has that opportunity slipped away but it's also irrational because i'm not psychic.
How about because the "here's how you do it" and "this is a bad idea" are both valid answers? Just because you don't like the opinion doesn't make it bad.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62