View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 04:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Starkizzer
Hi floor! Make me a samwich.

Amusing/frustrating online orders

Just about everyone orders stuff online these days and inevitably something can go wrong. I figure others have to have stories, especially after this holiday season.

I will start with mine.

im2smrt4u gave me a list of item he wanted for Christmas. I wanted to get him something cool and a little more personal than a new flash for his camera. One of the items he requested was a crystal whiskey decanter. Usually he is very specific about what he wants, this time was the exception. I figured this left me some creative leeway.

I found this:
Crystal Whiskey Decanter Set
Perfect! I could get his initials engraved on it and it would make a complete set for the day when we finally have a real bar.

I fretted that he would actually like it so I broke down and showed it to him. He loved it! YAY ME!

The package arrives. Decanter looks great, glasses look great, engraving is done nicely BUT the stopper has a fairly noticeable flaw in it causing a dark spot when the light hits it.

I email the company telling them of the problem. Next morning I get a reply telling me a new stopper will be sent out. Awesome. And they did not even request that I send back the unsatisfactory piece.

Today the door bell rings. A box from the company was delivered. It is oddly heavy for a stopper. Maybe they sent a whole new decanter??? NO

When I opened the box, I was greeted with two old fashion glasses, one of which was broken.

So, I just sent another email:

Quote:
Hello "Customer Service Guy",

While I appreciate the quick response on my flawed stopper issue, there seems to be a mistake in what was shipped to me. I received a package from your company today and upon opening discovered two glasses, one broken and one not, but neither resembling the stopper I requested to be replaced.

Below I have attached a picture of the broken glasses, as I am sure there was just a mix up in the package labels and I received someone else's order. I am also attaching a picture of the crystal stopper I would like to be replaced to prevent any further confusion.

Thank you for all your help, hope your holidays are pleasant.

Hoping for no further mistakes, yours truly,
Starkizzer
Yes, I know, sarcastic. But I am trying to be pleasant as well, I am sure they are getting nasty emails and that really does no good.

Hopefully the desired piece will actually get sent this time.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73