View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 05:49 PM   #35 (permalink)
The_Dunedan
Junkie

Here's the thing:

Those "Tax cuts for the rich?" The ones that supposedly just benefited people making $250,000+ per year?

Those cuts also affected something close to 50% of the small businesses in the country: "S" Corporations I believe they're called. If those tax cuts expire, the taxes paid by those types of small corporations will more than double. I know: I work for a small family business, and my Boss is running around like a chicken with its' head shot off trying to figure out how we can possibly afford to stay in business paying 35%-plus taxes (US Corporate taxes are the 2nd highest in the world, behind only Japan, who is only 1/2 of one percentage point higher), PLUS paying for Obamacare. Since almost any small business capable of keeping the doors open "makes" more than $250,000 per year, guess what? The only sector of this economy which can expert any meaningful growth over the next five years is getting ready to get with a -huge- increase in the cost of just doing business. Do you think this makes it easy to hire new employees, invest in new technologies, open expansions/franchises or take the risks needed to actually grow the economy and generate income for working people and entrepreneurs?

His math says, and I believe him, that it can't be done. If those tax increases occur, and Obamacare is implemented as written, we will close. Period. The End. No discussion. I will lose my job, my family's business will close, and that will be the end of it. And trust me: there are a -LOT- of small business and family shops who are doing the same math and coming to the same conclusions.

Mr. Obama says that small businesses are the engine of our economy, and crucial for recovery? Horseshit. Bunkum. LIES. He and his backers have it in for us every bit as much as they do for BP or Berkshire Hathaway or any other "big evil" business. If they didn't, they wouldn't be trying to tax us out of business or drive us into penury with insane paperwork requirements (like filing a Form 1099 for every purchase we make over $600.00, or the insane passage of SB 510).
"I personally think that America's interests would be well served if after or at the time these clowns begin their revolting little hate crime the local police come in and cart them off on some trumped up charges or other. It is necessary in my opinion that America makes an example of them to the world."

--Strange Famous, advocating the use of falsified charges in order to shut people up.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54