View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 12:15 AM   #7 (permalink)
Plan9
I Confess a Shiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordEden View Post
I was hitting random links and ran into this link (Linky) under the title "The 10 Types Of Emotional Cripples". I browsed through the linky article til I found the generalized emotional type that matched my own flaw set (I'm "The Eeyore", which cinn found funny).
Male emotional cripples. Dating advice. Written by women. Okay, I can run with this light-hearted misandry. Generalizations... good times. So, yeah, based on the horoscope-style vague descriptions, I'm a bit of a bipolar slide 9 (alternating between extremes of wanting to engage in a dozen threesomes and wanting to get married and buy another house time now, how copy over?) and a bit of slide 11 (but only in the sense that I'm totally overcompensating for past dumbassitry in a vaguely religious sense like it somehow matters). I'm not crippled, I'm Mr. Jitterpaws! Can I fold my socks, already? Can I-Can I-Can I?! If emotional baggage is something you carry with you, my baggage is moving pretty fast. I'm doing quite well in life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordEden
It made me wonder, how well do we see our own flaws? Can you see the flaws that you carry or do you depend on the (wanted/unwanted) opinions of others?
I don't have flaws, I have "personality." I'm a cocky outspoken generic dumbass with poor writing skills and a propensity for being a glib, garrulous and gauche human cartoon. As an example, my purpose appears to be providing a lowbrow intermission between the intellectual posts here at TFP. My calling in life is to yell at groups of people and pack bags for Armageddon... and that usually spills over into whatever garbage I end up spewing. I'm demanding and impatient and I worry a lot of the most minor of details. I crave organization, both the act and endstate. I don't like messy things.

Others only serve to confirm these beliefs. My father said my head is up my ass, my exwife thinks I've got shell shock, and my NCOER said "Promote Immediately." I don't generally care what others think about me unless I have to work with them or fuck them. I don't mix the two for good reason.

Quote:
One my own flaws is that I see the worse were there is none, so I see flaws that are not even there. I usually have to have someone tell me it's not all darkness and rainclouds.
Whatever, Sunshine. Which one of us was the cranky drunk, again? I was so grumpy I put banging your rowdy friend on the back burner to eat soggy pizza and drunk dial. And where the hell is she now that she's not driving you to Raleigh and leaving her tobacco-scented wardrobe in your kitchen?

Quote:
What about you? Can you see the flaws in yourself? Do you try and work on them when you realize them? Do you only see the bright side of life? Genius or Not A Genius (TM)? What do you bring to the table?
I see what you did there. And, yeah, I bring dissent to the table. I'm Full Retard.

Recognition is the first step to recovery for some people. I just use it as an inventory.

I have these giant brass balls and a brain that couldn't power a baby crocodile.

My job in society is to make others look better. My beard is physical proof of this.

"You should not drink... and bake."

Last edited by Plan9; 11-10-2010 at 12:36 AM..

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62