View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 07:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
kramus
loving the curves

Anwar al Awlaki is of the breed that tends to spew this crap in a frantic, inward turning feculant death spiral. He spins ever tighter and ever nastier circles, foaming and pouring filth and hate over whatever doesn't subscribe to his particular micro-viewpoint of his mind control, his spirit control and his absolute control over every other aspect of others' lives.

I'm pretty sure he will eventually be calling to destroy members of his own extreme mindset. Woe betide any of them if they ever display any independence of thought or originality, or if they ever seem to consider allowing any possibility of variety in human experience.

He is yet another face on the human Hydra of extremist paranoia. Extremists of every stripe exist. We tend to notice the religious one because they create such horror in the name of all that should be the best of humanity. Cut one of them away, or (oh rare and wonderful possibility) get one of them to stop being an exciter of death and destruction, and two more spring up in their place. Extremists such as Anwar al Awlaki have such a fearful refusal to allow others to exist who are not their mirror - there can really be no dealing with them. You can only hope to hold them far enough away that they do not pollute and destroy the good in your own world.

It is an irony that the man raised in the free spirit and open dialogue of the US of A can't stand the possibilities that exist in such an advanced human enterprise as that country. He wants that spirit eradicated and the dialogue erased from history. Americans are to be destroyed.

What a tool, this Anwar al Awlaki. He was given the opportunity to think the way he chose because he was nurtured in America. He is so distressed that the people who were nurtured around him, his former neighbors and schoolmates, that these people are allowed to think what they wish and live as they choose, that he wants them all killed. He is calling for his own death, really. I'm willing to bet he can tap dance with the best of them and make it seem like he is a polished and pure fellow, but he is also an American.

It makes sense, following his own logic, that he should find some incredibly public forum where he can off himself in a particularly showy, painful and degrading way. Allow him to demonstrate his firm belief, his dedication, and his personal integrity.

He is an incredibly narrow-minded bigot and racist of the worst stripe. He is actually asking for the death of all Caucasians. However it is so easy to dump on Americans these days that they stand in for anyone of Caucasian descent. Being an equal opportunity hater Anwar al Awlaki is allowing the hundreds of millions of non-Caucasian Americans to suffer the same fate as his bugaboo "Crusaders".

I doubt that he would hesitate to scrag me if I waved my Maple Leaf flag at him, declaring that the only America I live in is North America, which is a pretty big continent thank you very much.

The only way for this to end is for the human race to last long enough for this particular steaming pile of horseshit to dry up and blow away. Which will be at least another few thousand years. Of course by then we will have developed such sophisticated bigotry and racist hatred, not to mention the refinements of regionalism inherent in such things as independent nations within comets, asteroids, man-made worlds and other planets and moons . . .

To answer the OP - no. Americans are not fair game. They are easy to blame, easy to point at, and easy to act as the lightning rod when the storms of anger, despair and hatred roil our world. They are fellow humans, and deserve as much respect and consideration as any other reasonable humans.

I just wish these extremist johnnies would go stuff themselves in a valley somewhere and tear away at each other until they were done. It is so painful to share our ever-smaller world with such small-spirited, truly horrible people.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54