View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 10:25 PM   #119 (permalink)
RogueGypsy
Insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Jazz View Post
Rogue Gypsy, we don't have any rules about language other than flaming and trolling. Curse all you want. Or don't.

What I gather from your responses is that you don't have any examples for your hypothetical threads and that you can't define any clique. Which makes it very hard for anyone to understand exactly what it is you're talking about.

What am I missing?
Well I went looking for some of the threads that brought this to mind. Most were in the political section. Which in itself is volatile, but it's where I've spent most of my time here. Unfortunately while the forum lists 4618 posts, only 29 appear. Basically October??? Don't know what's up with that. So you're on your own with that one, as it occurred to me as I was looking, that you had just done what I was talking about.

I simply stated my opinion, which several others seemed to understand, but you returned with a statement suggesting I'd just made it up in order to troll the thread. So there's you example, mild as it may be.

As to a clique existing. Maybe it's just seeing the same 8 or so people replying to each others posts in threads, seemingly disregarding the OP and other posters. Maybe they just like to chat amongst themselves, but to someone not of the 8, it appears to be an elitist clique. Regardless, do as you will.

Interestingly enough, my post being a response to the OP, leads me to wonder why you responded in the way you did? Is it perhaps that you see the same thing, but from another side? What is it that compels an individual to respond directly to a post if it has nothing to do with them?

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plan9 View Post
So, basically:

TFP: "Evolve or TFP dies."

TFPers: "But that's too much work!"

America: Fuck Yeah.

You Sir, are an Ass. Never change, that's awesome.

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willravel View Post
There's no reason to get defensive.

I think I understand the clique thing. Most cliques develop without people inside of it noticing. As roachboy mentioned above, there's almost certainly a clique in TFPolitics, though no one in it intended for it to happen.
I absolutely agree. I'm not sure if this was a response to me or not, but the above 'average TFP thread' was based on my experience in the politics section. I should have titled it 'Average TFPolitics thread'.
Methods, application and intensity of application vary by the individual. All legal wavers must be signed before 'treatment' begins. Self 'Medicating' is not recommend. However, if necessary, it is best to have an 'assistant' or 'soft landing zone' nearby. Any and all legal issues resulting from improperly applied techniques should be forwarded to: Dewy, Cheatum & Howe, Intercourse, PA 17534. Attn: Anonymous.

Last edited by RogueGypsy; 11-01-2010 at 10:42 PM..

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73