View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 04:39 PM   #22 (permalink)
knockitup
Upright

College Pro was great for me

Hey it seems like there is a lot of negativity around College Pro on this thread. I actually had the opportunity to run a business with College Pro and it was great. My first year I barely made minimum wage in all honesty with all of the work I put in. By my third year, i was making easily over 30 per hour. But throw the money to the side, that was just a perk, the development I got was through the roof. In school, I ran over three years over a half a million in revenue, managed it all on my own with a ton of help and support from College Pro, now only a few years out of school a Regional Vice President in about a 60 Million dollar firm.

I have never been turned down on an interview and make well above my friends. I learned about creating my success and I learned fundamentally what it meant to be skilled and deal with a lot of stress and headaches. I cant imagine if I wouldnt have taken my actions as my own fault my first year, where I would be if not really pushing through this experience. I had a few friends that did not do as well, but even they now several years later can share how valuable this experience really was for them.

As for all of the painters on this thread that are upset. That sucks as well, I worked really hard in trying to help every painter be successful and enjoy their summer in my area. Not all of them did, I did have to fire a few, but most of them had a good experience. I know a few managers with low values that did not treat their painters great, that sucks, thats not on College Pro though, they work hard to hire the right people it seems, yet the values of the managers really comes out in what type of people they are, also it is hard to run a business College Pro never let me forget that even when they explained it the first time. So I know I even did this, but I screwed up some houses and I screwed up some things with my painters, but this is what I moved so quick in my career over my peers, I had experience of screwing it up and having to fix it, what type of organization gives you that experience.

I may be one of the only ones on this thread, but I really liked my experience, I refer to it as one of the things I did that will give me a great life. My friends that took the normal internships are still in entry level positions trying to make a move and cant with the economy. If you are a painter that feels crappy, I encourage you to look into the program, if you made sure you didnt let your painters or customers feel that way, you would do awesome I am sure.

In the end, College Pro is what is says it is. You run your own business, really yours, so yah you are responsible for it and accountable for it, if you were not, wouldnt this be a huge pyramid scheme. Also, its a ton of hard work and no its not get quick. A lot of headaches, but some of the best times I have ever had. I love that I didnt listen to blogs like this and took a risk on myself as it has now given me an awesome life. Shoot me an email if you want more information, more then willing to tell you more.

Cheers

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62