View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 11:22 PM   #83 (permalink)
Wes Mantooth
Junkie

A few tips for concert goers...well not you folks I doubt any of you are this stupid but I need to vent... GRRRR

When you attend a concert maybe pay attention to the type of club you're in and what kind of music the band is playing. Because it makes you look kind of stupid when you drop $5 in the tip jar, approach the stage to request a Brooks & Dunn song (at a jazz show) and then very loudly try to fish your $5 bill out of the jar in the middle of a song because the band didn't play it.

When somebody leaves a live mic on stage during a quick set break or re tuning it doesn't mean "YAY drunken karaoke time!!!"

Bars and clubs often have multiple exists but that doesn't mean you always get to use them, especially not when you have to walk across the stage in the middle of a set because its closer to your car.

I know the stage looks like a nice, flat, steady place to set your drink down but when the guitar player accidentally (or not) kicks it into your lap is the temper tantrum really necessary?

Some times we bring extra equipment to a show, other instruments we plan to use later and we set them along the side of the stage for quick access not so your drunk ass can come along and pretend to be a rock star by air guttering for your friends and then dropping it on the floor when your done.

Hey we all get inconvenient phone calls but maybe in the future you could go outside instead of trying yell over the band?

Just because you see an empty spot on the stage it doesn't mean its a dance floor. However if you do feel the need to climb on stage and flail around for a bit try being mindful of the expensive equipment that's being played all around you. Its a pain in the ass (and somewhat expensive) to have to re tube a vintage amp head because you felt like being a free spirit.

Stage diving isn't as easy as it looks and its especially difficult when the audience is sitting at tables enjoying drinks with friends. Also its a wee bit distracting to every one involved while you lay there on the floor screaming and moaning about your broken nose. But isn't it fun making the band stop mid song so they can climb down off stage, help scrap your dumb ass up off the floor and call an ambulance? Being the center of attention is awesome!

Jesus christ...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73