View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 12:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
Wes Mantooth
Junkie

Pretty cool thread

Religiously? I would probably consider myself an atheist, although I don't really care for that term because it seeks to classify what I "believe" which really when it comes to religion is that I simply don't care, don't think about and it really plays no role in my life what so ever. However as a child I was raised in the Baptist church.

I don't really consider myself a Spiritual person.

Politically I try to stay in the middle. I know, I know fence sitter right? When I was younger I leaned pretty far to the left but always found it difficult to shoehorn myself into one ideology, often times I staunchly disagreed with certain ideas and begin moving in the other direction, only the other side never really fit either for the same reasons. Whats a guy to do? It made more sense for me to look for the good ideas/candidates no matter where they came from and lend my support based on what I believe is right or best, not because it follows my chosen political ideology. Today I'm a registered Independent.

Culturally...I don't know, I'm kind of an oddball. I'm a musician by trade, went to an art college and have always supported the arts (I agree with the OP, Art and capitalism simply don't mix...or at least mix well. Our current system in my opinion has relegated many important artists and pieces into obscurity because they aren't necessarily good for the bottom line) yet I often distance myself from the art scene...the pretentious, snotty atmosphere just isn't for me (not to say all artists fit that description) and I just can't pretend that it is.

Which I guess leads me to social affiliations. I tend to associate more with people who are just laid back and know how to enjoy life, not much else tends to come into the equation. I hate social climbing and having to go out of my way to impress people which usually leads me to crowds that are content to sit around a campfire with a case of beer more then sitting around a loft with a glass of wine.

Hopefully all that made sense, I just woke up, its hard to collect your thoughts through sleepy eyes over a steaming cup of coffee.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62