View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 01:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Jetée
The Reforms

Location: Rarely, if ever, here or there, but always in transition
My own "easy, but unique" contribution pertains to films, like my initial example above, but not in the way you'd expect it.

This song-to-film "stamped" correlation begins with the film Black Hawk Down, and what I came to be engaged with at the time, and times afterwards, of viewing it for the first time. It was a few years ago that I actually finally decided to watch this film, sometime in 2005, I believe, but that's not the important part.

After watching the film, I was so impressed with the events of the screen's action, along with the gripping storytelling (by way of dramatic darkness, not narration, mind you) that I decided to replay the film not even a few hours after I finished my first viewing, which is a very rare activity for me as one viewing every five years for a film usually has me feeling quite sastified.

Anyway, as I was progressing through my second (and third) viewing of the aforemnetioned film, I thought I could multi-task, and was opening up and sampling a few albums I had recently bought. it was then that these two tracks, whenever I come across them and catch a listen to, I immediately think of the film, "Black Hawk Down."

my stamped songs:
(you can click each track to listen to, and see if you understand what I mean, assuming you got the gist of my summary above, and that you've also watched "Black Hawk Down.")

What Else is There? ... by Röyksopp (it's the entire feeling the track exudes, as well as the closing effects you hear that I liken akin to a helicopter overhead)

The Richest Man in Babylon ... by Thievery Corporation (I just came to imagine the story portrayed in the song, and essentially shifted it to identify with the insurgent warlord, as well as his town of residence.)

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54